“Good weekend stay”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Lincoln, California
“Good weekend stay”
Reviewed October 8, 2007

Stayed Friday night. Got a better rate than their Web site by calling in and getting a senior discount. They made us(?) sign a "no party in the room" agreement, said everyone has to on weekends. $500 fine mentioned on the form.
I agree with the other reviews except the bed was sagging badly in the middle, making it impossible for us to use all of the queen bed.
Also, the spa is small - 3 ft. sq.

• Stayed October 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed April 12, 2007

I had my first experience with a Larkspur property in Folsom, and when I found out that there was one near my company's HQ in San Jose, I was extremely pleased. It is a straight shot down the San Tomas to the company, so I was extra happy.

I have been very pleased with Larkspur properties at which I have stayed. They cater to the business traveler, with suite-style lodgings, roomy desks with full computer setup (plug-ins, business center, etc). And the beds are to die for. So amazingly comfortable, you don't mind traveling for business.

I liked that I could do it up like an apartment for a couple days. I went down to Trader Joe's and stocked the fridge with necessaries--cream for my coffee, evening munchies, Bailey's to unwind after work, etc.

The breakfasts are great. Fruit, cereal, milk, coffee, juices, string cheese, bagels and cream cheese, yogurt....it's also nice to have it in a community setting. You can get to know your fellow travelers, or be a hermit. Your choice.

This Larkspur facility is a bit older than the one at which I stayed in Folsom. I noticed a bit more chipped paint on corridor corners-- that type of thing. But for the most part, it was clean and in good repair. There was plentiful parking, and decent water pressure.

The location is good. You're down Hamilton Avenue from several major shopping centers with a Red Robin, Trader Joe's, ice cream shop, drugstore, and a Mimi's. If you're like me and get misty eyed when someone mentions hollandaise, and want a little more than a continental breakfast, Mimi's is a good bet.

After reading the report from the more recent traveler who had jewelry stolen, I will be a bit more protective about locking up items while I am gone, but that would include mostly my laptop, as I am not a jewelry wearer. I still enjoy the comfort of the Larkspur vs. the Extended Stay they normally book us at.

Stayed April 2007
2 Thank miselainis
NC
Reviewed February 12, 2007

I stayed at this hotel on business in October. Jewelry was stolen from my room by someone with access to the room. I reported the theft, filed a police report and discussed it with management. The hotel did not investigate but simply turned it over to their insurance which, of course, denied the claim.

Don't let what happened to me, happen to you - avoid this hotel at all costs. They do not protect their guests!

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Theft from my room!
  • Stayed October 2006, traveled on business
2 Thank loves2golf
California
Reviewed January 7, 2007

We stayed in the exec. suite for a great price considering the kitchenette, 2 TVs, a VCR in the bedroom & a DVD player in the sitting room, & the MOST COMFORTABLE BED.
Pros - easy reservations on the website, cookies at check in, clean, quiet, gym & jacuzzi, laundry facilities, Starbucks in the lobby area, a queen size sofa sleeper, bring some DVDs if you have kids, & no problems w/the high speed wireless access. There is a business center avail. which we did not use.
Con - pillow menu not given as the other reviews had mentioned - we called & were told housekeeping had left for the night.
The pros definitely outweigh the cons. We plan on staying here again when we visit up north.

• Stayed January 2007, traveled with family
Boston, MA
Reviewed December 29, 2006

We chose this hotel because of it's proximity to family diring the Holidays AND because of the reviews on Trip Advisor. We weren't disappointed. The decor is pleasant, the rooms comfortable, and all of the amenities you could want (laundry, shopping service, gym, etc). We would definitely recommend this property to anybody going to the area, and will stay there again. Only downside for us was that there are many families there, and, along with families can come loud children.

• Liked — Free wireless internet, comfortable rooms, free laundry...
  • Disliked — Children running amock
  • Tips/Secrets — Parents, Please watch your children.
  • Stayed December 2006, traveled as a couple
1 Thank kcmBoston
South Lanarkshire, Scotland
Reviewed September 28, 2006

My Husband, our 2 years old, my parents and I stayed at this property for 5 nights, on a tour of the west coast. The service, location, and accomodation were all excellent, and we only wish we could have spent longer at this very pleasant, relaxed hotel. There is always next year when i intend to book it for the whole 2 weeks holiday.

• Liked — Relaxed, friendly atmosphere
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Tips/Secrets — This accomodation is very central with lots to see and do within short managable drives
  • Stayed September 2006, traveled with family
1 Thank rathouse
The Florida Keys
Reviewed September 26, 2006

Every once in a while you find a spot so perfect you want to linger, add a day or week. That's the way the place made me feel. Perfect. Great weekend price, laundry room with computerized alerts to your room when your machine stops, clean and luxurious amenities, suite is comfortable, kitchen is immaculate, staff helpful, and breakfast full of healthy choices. I have no complaints. It really was great. Treat yourself whether on business or a romantic weekend or a private get away to stay locked away from the busy Silicon Valley. I had just toured the coastline and was "bed and breakfast" weary. A wonderful change with a sophisticated, austere environment. Ahhh!

• Liked — sophisticated environment
  • Disliked — no great outdoor views
  • Tips/Secrets — Stay longer
  • Stayed September 2006, traveled as a couple
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Campbell
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Campbell - Pruneyard Plaza
#8 of 9 in Campbell
Courtyard San Jose Campbell
TownePlace Suites San Jose Campbell
Hotel Valencia - Santana Row

Been to Larkspur Landing Campbell? Share your experiences!