Bristol Hotel
Motel 6
Campbell Inn(Campbell)
$169
Hotels.com
Larkspur Landing Campbell(Campbell)(Great Value!)
$195
$213
Carlyle Hotel(Campbell)
$169
TownePlace Suites San Jose Campbell(Campbell)(Great Value!)
$279
$444
Residence Inn
Courtyard San Jose Campbell(Campbell)(Great Value!)
$395
The Row Hotel(San Jose)
$579
$463
Orbitz.com
All reviewslos gatossan joseeuropean flairdouble sinksspacious roomsmall hotela lovely place to staysilicon valleyfree breakfastnude statuessitting areafresh fruitan older propertywould stay againfirst flooreasy accessbusiness traveler
Reviewed August 16, 2010

Very convenient for San Jose area freeways and only about 15 mins from its airport. The public areas are bright and attractive and bedrooms well furnished and comfortable. The staff are most friendly and helpful. There is an elevator to the upper floor. Parking is onsite and free. The Bristol does not offer lunch or dinner but an excellent cooked breakfast is available in their formal dining room on the upper floor (beautiful crystal chandeliers too!). There are local places to dine within walking distance. Unfortunately my partner was rushed to hospital the second night after we had arrived and I would like to place on record my thanks for the way Management and Staff responded by ensuring my accommodation was extended as long as necessary and the generous rate they offered to family members who flew up from LA to visit the hospital. I particularly appreciate the care and concern we were shown at a difficult time.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank desertjoe
Reviewed August 14, 2010

I wish I could say maybe to whether or not I'd recommend this hotel, and I wish I could give 3.5 stars, but the value is hard to beat. For less than $80 per night (on a weekend no less) I got a large king bed room with several furnishings. The bathroom was large as well. The room had several amenities I do not normally get in higher-priced hotels, such as a closet with a door which lights up when you open it, two bottles of water in the refrigerator, and a bathrobe (I have also never been in a hotel with a phone in the toilet room). The free breakfast didn't taste great, but it was good and abundant. The hotel itself looked nice from the outside, and the lobby and hallways were immaculate. The Euro-baroque style was a bit much for my taste (I prefer Victorian-era architecture myself) but that is a subjective opinion, I guess. There were negatives however. My room at least was nearly as beautiful as the hallways; the carpet was dirty and the walls had some scuff marks. A couple of furnishings were showing some age. The fitness are was merely a regular room, so it was cramped and not much variety in equipment. I didn't see anyone using it, for good reason. Also no pool/spa/etc, and no on-site laundry. The staff was fine and at such a great value I should not complain. Just don't go there expecting everything to be as perfect as the Bristol hypes themselves to be.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled solo
1  Thank Humboldtus
Reviewed August 8, 2010

I stayed here on the 2nd night during my trip down to Santa Cruz.. It has large rooms with crystal chandeliers and italian marble in the bathrooms. The decor is beautiful. The buffet breakfast in the morning was great. I loved the different kinds of eggs and fruit. The bed was very comfortable. However, road noise was an issue for me. There are 3 southbound lanes and 3 northbound lanes on Bascom. So, I would recommend asking for a room facing away from the road.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled solo
1  Thank PixieWanderer
Reviewed May 31, 2010

I looked on tripadvisor before choosing a hotel and chose Clarion Collection Bristol Hotel based on the reviews as well as the price being in the range that I wanted to pay. I just cannot say enough about this hotel. When we arrived, Crystal checked us in and was so nice. We went up to our room and it was huge. The bathroom had marble counters and a separate room within it for the toilet. The bed was super comfortable, the towels were thick, there was a robe to be used, as well as two courtesy bottles of water in the refrigerator. The free breakfast was one of the best we've ever seen - there were two different types of eggs, potatoes, cereals, amazing pastries, fruit, etc. The shower did not run out of hot water like we usually encounter, and the water pressure was good as well. Even the soap smelled really great. The hotel was also located in a quiet neighborhood, rather than in the middle of San Jose, on a busy street like most hotels were. I was sad to leave this hotel, but would book it again if we ever return to the San Jose area.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank grimmy35
Reviewed October 24, 2006

arrived to find that they had no room for me after i had booked 3 weeks earlier and i had a conf #....got told they were overbooked and i was now staying at the campbell inn which in my opinion is a 2 star motel with outdoor corridors sorry not the same as what i booked ....this is the 5th stay at this hotel and the 2nd time this has happened the only reason i keep going back is the hoel is quiet and the breakfast good... the rate for this area is also okay....after checking in to the campbell in i was told the yonlyave me threr for 1 night and have to pack up and go back to the clarion tommorow night not knowing if i even have a room there ....customer service 4 choice hotels is only open 8am-5pm and the 800 reservations cannot help and told me it is on a 1st come 1st serve even though i had a reservation...if anyone has the ceos email address iwould love it so i can email him his name is chuck ledginger...as i think as abuisness travelor with 80 hotels a year they would rather have someone elses buisness
stay far away from this place as the service is no exsistant

• Stayed: September 2006, traveled on business