I was looking for an inexpensive small hotel, but one that was not in a risky neighborhood or one with rooms that are falling apart. The Bristol Hotel was a nice find for me. The value of what I got for the price was outstanding.
1. Located in a reasonably nice part of town. I felt safe in this area.
2. Parking was a breeze, and my car was always close to the entrance.
3. Staff was super nice.
4. The decor is nice. Maybe a touch on the cheesy side, but still nice.
5. I stayed in an "executive king" room and it was HUGE! I like some space, and this room had it.
6. The included breakfast was good, with both hot and cold food options.
7. The price was right for my budget.
1. My one big complaint was that I found my bed mattress to be very uncomfortable. No matter what part of the bed I moved to I woke feeling I was sunken into a hole. I don't know if the mattress was old or just way too soft for me, but this factor did reduce my sleep.
2. Though my room was huge in square footage, it didn't have furnishings to match. The desk was way over in one corner and the bed and TV were on the other end. Between them was basically a ton of empty space. I guess this is not really a "con" but more an observation.
3. The TV was an old CRT tube unit, and it did not offer the "sleep" function that I love to use in a hotel to help me fall asleep.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bristol Hotel Campbell is a world of its own inspired by the finest European boutique hotels. Just 4 blocks from the Santa Cruz Highway 17, the Bristol Hotel provides an intimate atmosphere in close proximity to the conveniences of the Silicon Valley. Arrive to spacious, well-appointed guestrooms with custom cherrywood furnishings and Austrian crystal chandeliers. Our spacious guestrooms each feature a T1 DSL line for high speed internet along with generous work desk, elegant Carerra marble bathroom and minifridge. Bristol Hotel’s apartment style accommodations set us apart from other hotels in Silicon Valley with every room is designed to provide comfortable guest seating and space for visitors. Enjoy complimentary hot breakfast in the Berlin Room featuring bacon, eggs, sausage, fresh cut fruit, wholesome yogurts, hot and cold cereals, croissants, bagels, toast and an assortment of danishes as well as seasonal offerings. After 10am The Berlin Room transitions into a comfortable work lounge with spacious seating and free wifi. For business travelers in need of a professional setting for client meetings. You can stay Wired for Work™ with complimentary coffee & tea served all day. Our lobby workstation provide computers with internet access and 8 ½” x 11” color printing. Incoming and outgoing fax service and photocopies are offered at the front desk. Minutes from Highway 17, Bristol Hotel Campbell provides easy access to San Jose, Mountain View and Palo Alto. Bristol Hotel Campbell is conveniently located minutes from the San Jose International Airport, San Jose Convention Center, San Jose State University and many Silicon Valley businesses. 50 miles from San Francisco, 60 miles from Monterey, and a mere 25 miles from the famous surfing beaches of Santa Cruz ─ Bristol Hotel Campbell is the perfect “home base” whether you are traveling for business or pleasure. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Orbitz, Expedia, Priceline, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com and Hotwire so you can book your Bristol Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Clarion Campbell
- Clarion Collection Campbell
- Campbell Clarion