“Tasty and Creative” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Psycho Donuts

Psycho Donuts
Ranked #3 of 6 Bakeries in Campbell
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: We are the the Silicon Valley's original gourmet donut asylum! Come experience the taste sensation that has been infecting the minds of the bay area's most adventurous donut lovers since 2009!
Atlanta, Georgia
“Tasty and Creative”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 20, 2011

I liked the atmosphere of the place and the creativty of the donut flavors and names!

Visited November 2011
1 Thank MyTravelingPanda

San Jose, CA
“Unique, fun, and very tasty!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2011

Despite the glowing recommendations of a friend, I was skeptical about trying Psycho Donuts. The decadent topics and flavors can sometimes make the products less visually appealing that you'd expect from a typical doughnut shop. But the flavors are outstanding and the recipes are quite creative. Psycho Donuts is well on its way to become a Campbell institution. Stop in and grab one, just for kicks. You'll be hooked.

• Visited June 2011
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Although the toppings are very creative/interesting, the base (sans topping) doesn't have a good "yeast risen" flavor...”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2010

Although the toppings are very creative/interesting, the base (sans topping) doesn't have a good "yeast risen" flavor. Most of the toppings include a lot of sweet cereals or cookie pieces or frostings. I sampled the Captain crunch, one that had finely chopped peanuts on it that seemed quite bitter, a large donut pizza that had colorful sprinkles, a plain one with a bit of chocolate drizzled on it and the strawberry field which was my favorite of the bunch. If you want a visually interesting donut, try it out. If you want a good tasting one, go to Rogers Deli in Mountain View.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
San Jose, California
“A one-of-a-kind donut shop -- all in good fun, with good donuts!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 6, 2009

This donut shop in Campbell CA has been much maligned since it came on the scene I guess about a year ago -- simply due to it;s name. They've been the subject of petitions asking them to close, picketed by folks claiming they're giving the mentally ill a bad name, and they've even been the target of "news" stories on FOX (a right-leaning news service in the US). I've wanted to go check them out ever since I first heard of the furor, figuring their donuts must be dang good if they're making everyone so up in arms, but didn't have a chance to get over there until about a week ago.

I went in at about lunchtime to pick up a double dozen for work. The girl working behind the counter was wearing a nurse uniform (part of the schtick, I guess) and I noticed there was a guitar sitting there to the left as you walk in -- I guess if you can play, you're allowed to just have at it. I ordered a mixed box to bring to the office instead of a birthday cake for a friend's birthday, figuring he'd appreciate the novelty. He was not disappointed, I might add!

They have 2 different "levels" of donuts, the premium set appears to be either more intricate/contains more ingredients (hamburger donut, french fries donuts with jam & cream sauces to dip, etc.) and for these you'll pay $1 more per donut. All in for 2 dozen plus I think about 5 "premium" donuts I paid $35.

It's a small space in a rather nodescript small strip mall next to a Subway and near a comics shop at the corner of Winchester & Campbell Avenue. They have a few seats at the window if you want to eat your donut in. The staff working there, although young and hip, were really friendly, the atmosphere seems very tongue in cheek and kitchy, not condescending or at all with attitude.

The donuts were a huge hit at the office. My husband liked the Cereal Killer I got him, too. A coworker swears that it's real bacon in the "hamburger" donut...I can neither confirm nor deny this however.

I'm sorry it took me so long to come check this place out, although I'm really glad that when I finally did I got an assortment to see what they're really "all" about. This is the kind of place you need to check out at least once -- it's a hoot, and the donuts are great to boot!

3 Thank thebeerhunter