Courtyard San Jose Campbell
  • Breakfast included
Bristol Hotel(Campbell)
Studios Inn(San Jose)
View Hotel
All reviewstypical courtyardfree valet servicemarriott courtyardmemorial servicevolleyball tournamentweight roomlos gatos creek trailsmoke detectorfront desk stafffine hotelparking garage isnightly ratenice lobbyfreeway accesspleasant staynice propertyhot water
Reviewed January 24, 2013

Courtyard is my go-to chain when looking for a moderately priced hotel. You can always count on Courtyard to have updated rooms with a very modern, classy feel. This particular hotel was no different. Newer construction, beautiful lobby, friendly staff, SUPER clean room, convenient location, and just an overall great feel. In the room: coffee maker, mini-fridge, Fiji water, nice desk area, free wireless, and a large walk-in shower with glass doors. Within walking distance to the Pruneyard Plaza which has lots of shops and restaurants. I'll continue to seek out this chain when traveling for business or necessity -- everything you need for a comfortable and easy stay.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed January 15, 2013

Really nice Courtyard. It is 7 floors and pretty new. Everything in the hotel is top notch. It is very close to everything in South Bay and 30 minutes to San Fran. Great experience all the way around and would stay here again when I'm back in the area.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed January 12, 2013

I'm not sure what to think of this hotel. Everything looked and felt brand new; completely modern lobby, new, modern room, spacious, room clean. Why, then, is the big flat screen TV on the desk and not in the armoire in front of the bed?

In our room, there was a armoire in front of the bed like most hotels. But the TV was on the desk next to it. Problem? Just not a great viewing area from the bed. If there are two people in bed, the person closest to the TV has to turn their head to see the TV. The person farthest away can hardly see the TV without really turning because the armoire blocks it.

The TV is good sized and is sitting on the desk - which means.... you have a nice big desk but you can't utilize it because the TV covers half of it. Want to spread out? Forget it. Plenty of room for a laptop but not enough if you need to spread out paperwork.

All this $$ spent making this place look up-to-date and modern and the designers come up with this???

I don't get it. Would I go back here? It depends. For myself, when I'm in this area, I do not spend much time in the room. But if I were by myself on a business trip and wanted to relax in the room, perhaps do some work and catch a movie on TV? No, I'd pick somewhere else to stay, perhaps the Campbell Town Place Suites, which has a big room, a nice TV and a nicer desk area, plus it's next to a walking trail.

I can't figure out why they designed the room this way when this hotel is clearly trying to cater to the business traveler, since it's in a business park right off the freeway.

Maybe some of the rooms aren't set up this way? If you are considering this place for a business trip, you may want to ask about this if desk space and relaxing in bed watching TV are important after a hard day's work.

Room Tip: As for a room that has the TV in the armoire, not outside of it on the desk.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed November 17, 2012

The service at this property is above and beyond. Although a courtyard property, it has the service standards of a JW or full service Marriott. Staff is extremely professional and friendly-actually pay attention to requests. Super clean hotel, modern furnishings, great a/c, comfortable room, free parking, nice lobby, all around EXCELLENT Property. Well worth the nightly rate. You will NOT find a better option in the area.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 12, 2012

Friendly efficient reception, room OK, and sleep quality fine, but could not get the damned aircon balanced properly - either too cold or too hot - how hard is this!!
Good parking and WiFi - excellent breakfasts; dinner/evening menu is over-priced junk - don't bother eating here at night; find an alternative or bring your own food in.
And what is this nonsense about providing a mini-bar but not stocking it? How irritating is that.
No room safes either - I would have thought that a secure in-room storage place would be simple and easy to provide - apparently not.
Housekeeping standard excellent in my opinion.
Beware room location - there is a freeway one side and the URT is also right alongside.
Would I stay again? Only after eliminating other options.

Room Tip: See above - beware freeway and urban railway nearby
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
michaelm13, General Manager at Courtyard San Jose Campbell, responded to this reviewResponded November 28, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us and I am sorry to here some of your frustrations. We do take pride in keeping our hotel clean and like new condition at all times. Our goal is to have all mechanical issues in working order prior to arrival such as HVAC units, I am sorry we fell short. In-room refrigerators are for guest use market item storage, we do provide complimentary safety deposit boxes located at the front desk. We are located along HWY 17 and VTA station for easy access but we are well built for sound protection.

I Thank you for your business and hope you give us another try,

Michael McClintock