“great food, and great idea-grill your own”

Grill 'Em Steakhouse
Ranked #96 of 183 Restaurants in Campbell
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Description: Our customers are able to grill their own steaks on a six foot by two-and-a-half foot communal grill. Great for birthdays, first dates, or any kind of special celebration. Break the norm and come to Grill 'Em and experience the best Campbell Steakhouse. You do the grilling and we do the cleaning!
San Juan Bautista, California
“great food, and great idea-grill your own”
Reviewed August 13, 2013

want you steak to still have a pulse? or done like a charcoal briquette? this is your place. they bring you top quality cuts of meat, you select which, and turn you loose with their enormous grill, seasonings, spices, sauces, etc. truly get it "your way" here. there are basic guidelines for those who's grill skills may not be up to par, and if you order chicken or fish, their cooks take care of it for you. buy why go to a place like this for fish? full bar service,
only downside is if you're not an expert, well, your steak may reflect it. mine wasn't quite the best steak i've ever had, but then, i'm not a professional chef either. so, that's on me. but i loved the idea and with more practice, perhaps i can make them as good as the pros. :-)

• Visited April 2013
GrillEm, Owner at Grill 'Em Steakhouse, responded to this review, August 30, 2013
Thank you so much for your comments. We are so pleased to hear you enjoyed your experience with us. Next time you come in for our amazing Grill may I suggest to try our 24oz. Porterhouse. It is a very large steak but you also get the best of both worlds on either side of the bone -- one side a New York Strip and the other a Filet Mignon. This will also continue your learning train to the best grilled steak in town, because you did it!
We look forward to seeing you again soon.

San Jose, California, United States
“A unique dinning experience”
Reviewed July 27, 2013

It is an excellent place for have a good time with the family. I went with my daughter, her husband and my baby grandson. the drinks are really good and the service have an A.

• Visited July 2013
Review collected in partnership with this restaurant

GrillEm, Manager at Grill 'Em Steakhouse, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
Thank you so much for your review. We are so pleased you had such a fantastic experience with us. We do have our amazing happy hour every day from 2-6pm and 9-closing. Please come in again and enjoy. We look forward to seeing you soon.
Parts Unknown
“Fun and Unique”
Reviewed June 21, 2013

One of the most unique and fun dining experiences I have ever had. Let me preface this review by saying how much I love to grill. So to come to a restaurant where I get to do my own grilling, well that's probably as close to a Heavenly dining experience as I can get.

They have a few different good cuts of meat and at the grilling station they have everything you need, spices, rubs, A1 and other sauces, and the tongs. It is a communal grill but there were 3 of us grilling at the same time with plenty of space and plenty of friendliness.

I want to emphasize the friendliness aspect of this place too. The staff was amazing. They welcome you with open arms and their positivity, passion, and spirit rings throughout. They make sure you are doing good, checking in on you just the right amount of times. They ask the right questions and they go above and beyond to make sure the experience you had was a good one.

We sat in the bar area ( at a table there) and got served by Johnny, who was awesome.

They have great outdoor patio seating, plenty of indoor seating, TV's everywhere to catch your favorite game, and a full bar and a pretty good beer selection on tap. You do get that old Roadhouse, dive bar feeling when you are in there but it subsides fairly quickly when you are served and you start eating. I kind of liked the different ambience to be honest.

There sides are really nice. I recommend the potato skins. i also had the Seasoned fries and those were very flavorful. They also give you garlic bread to grill with your steaks, very nice.

Good location, just at right spot in Campbell. There are burgers and other stuff on the menu's and I have a feeling we will go there for breakfast one of these days as we saw they had $12 bottomless Mimosas, which my wife got excited about. I definitely want to go back and try and couple of burgers and sandwiches I saw.

My wife and I came here because we are trivia players and we found them through our trivia site, looking for something different. Well we found it. We came for the trivia but we will go back for the food.

Review collected in partnership with this restaurant

GrillEm, Manager at Grill 'Em Steakhouse, responded to this review, June 22, 2013
We are so happy you had such an amazing time with us! Friendliness is the guideline for a great dining experience and I am so pleased to hear that is exactly what you found here. Just so you know, we have started a Trivia competition on Mondays from 6pm-7pm. This current round will end on July 1st but we will start back up the following week. We cant wait to see you again soon.
San Jose, California, United States
“Food was great”
Reviewed June 20, 2013

My son and I happened to be coming from the dentist next door, just in time for Happy Hour. Had the philly cheese steak and was not disappointed. Calamari and hot wings were really good too. Would definitely go back again.

Review collected in partnership with this restaurant

Thank you for your wonderful comments. We love that our Philly was just what your in the mood for. Next time you stop in may I suggest one of our amazing Jucy Lucy's. Have a fantastic week and we look forward to seeing you again soon.
“The best steaks!!!”
Reviewed June 19, 2013

Im glad we found grillem. A friend checked in on facebook so we tried it out and after that invited my brother in law and his wife, then brought my father in law for fathers day dinner. Its so neat that you can grill your own steak and hang around the grill while grilling your steak and garlic bread. the porterhouse is so fresh and tender i cant brag enough. I wish it was bigger like maybe a grill outside and more room inside. Everyone is very nice and polite.

• Visited June 2013
GrillEm, Manager at Grill 'Em Steakhouse, responded to this review, July 5, 2013
Thank you so much for your comments, we are so glad you loved the food. Have you been in for our amazing Happy Hours? Everyday 2pm-6pm and again 9pm-closing. We look forward to seeing you again soon