“Service, Wine outstanding - food disappointing + expensive” 3 of 5 bubbles

Tigelleria Ristorante
Ranked #22 of 182 Restaurants in Campbell
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Drinks, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 4th Avenue
Transit: VTA 26 and 60 at the corner of Campbell Ave. and Winchester Ave.
Campbell, California
“Service, Wine outstanding - food disappointing + expensive”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2012

As a top rated restaurant we had to try Tigelleria as we live in Campbell! Not sure why it took us this long, but finally the kids were occupied and we had time for a quiet, "slow" dinner. The setting is quite nice, and even as the small restaurant filled up the noise level was not an issue. Service was outstanding as the waitress was friendly and knowledgeable. I always like to see a waiter or waitress with a good wine recommendation and this time we hit the jackpot. The red Tuscan blend from N’Antia is now on my "must buy" list so I'd certainly recommend it. So excellent setting, service and wine. A good start. Oh, don't bring the kids along - this is a couples restaurant.

However the food was a bit disappointing. We started by sharing a nice caprese di bufala. I ordered the bigoli al sugo d’anatra and my wife had the ave e polenta in casseruola. I couldn't distinguish the duck in my dish and the broccoli in the casserole had a bitter aftertaste. So I can only give them an average rating this time - perhaps a bad selection from the menu. I hope to try a second time for better.... Recommendations? The wine for sure and the caprese. Given another try I'd stick to the Secondi menu.

• Visited October 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Nieroda

Santa Clara, California
“Succulent and creative, and extemely tasty!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2012

This restaurant is a must, wether you are a vegitarian or carnevor. Interesting organic choices on the menu.
I feel the chef really is devoted to your plate. My meal was absolutely great and my husbands was even better!
Can't wait to go back. It's pricey but worth the experience!

• Visited September 2012
San Jose, California, United States
“What a gem of a place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2012

My wife and I decided to try out a new place and found this little hidden gem in downtown Campbell - great organic foods and several vegan dishes fit enough for foodies....great service, quiet atmosphere

• Visited September 2012
Kansas City, Missouri
“Good Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2012 via mobile

The food was good but doesn't come close to the meal I had at Paesano on Julian. The service was great. It was quiet for such a small place. We enjoyed it. Our second favorite Italian place in the area.The appetizers were more than good. We had the Burrata and the Panzerotti.Also excellent was the Gazpacho

London, United Kingdom
“Excellent Italian lunch buffet”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2012

"Italian" and "buffet" doesn't usually go together but because they use local, organic ingredients and make everything from scratch, I understand that this is the model that works for them. There is a choice of starters, then pastas and meats, and of course desserts. If you're dairy-intolerant, you may want to take a pass - mostly because you won't be able to resist the temptation and will then feel awful afterwards. Highly recommend this lovely find.

Visited August 2012