All reviews hanging bridges sunset bar tractor ride zip line hot springs horseback riding canopy tour jaguar restaurant costa rica coffee tasting watch the sunset summer camp mud bath there is no air conditioning steam room day trip two nights
Reviewed March 20, 2018

Very Fine room nice countrylike and beautiful fiew. Friendley people! The experiences was amazing I love it ,! Thanks for all we enjoy too too too much ...... The final it's great please for enjoy the vacations

Room Tip: Everytime ok
  • Stayed: March 2018, traveled as a couple
aocampo, Director General at Buena Vista Lodge & Adventure, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2018

Dear Customer

A warm greeting from Buena Vista Lodge!

We wish to express our deepest gratitude for your choice of our Eco Lodge & Adventure as your host on your recent visit.

We value and appreciate you share your experiences on Tripadvisor, about our activities, customer service and all the wonders that surround this adventure destination that involves relaxation, culture, education and wellness in the foothills of the volcano Rincón de la Vieja, Guanacaste, Costa Rica .

We are very happy to know that your visit was satisfactory. We will share your appreciation as feedback and motivation of our team, to continue improving with new tools that allow us to reach, the path of success and happiness of our customers.

We hope to be your hosts, again in the near future. We thank you, your choice in our tourist destination and we provide our email address; concierge©buenavistalodgecr.com Or aocampo©buenavistalodgecr.com to attend your kind queries and reservations.

Reviewed March 16, 2018 via mobile

I was so scared to try the zip lining and water slide but the zip lining was my favorite part of my whole trip. It is safe and just listen to the instructions and follow them. I really don’t understand how the brakes could fail on these considering you grab the cable with your leather gloved hand and stop yourself. Just follow instructions, listen, do what they tell you and have fun!

The guides are nice and helpful. This isn’t for someone who is really out of shape but you don’t have to be super fit either. Just know it’s high, hot and you need to be able to handle hopping up with help and hiking a quarter mile or so uphill once.

I’m terrified of heights and I loved it!
We saw a family of howler monkeys right above us in the trees which was really cool.

The lunch was good and the view from the pavilion was amazing.

The horseback riding was my least favorite and I was feeling it for days afterwards. If I did this tour again I would skip that part.

The water slide wasn’t that great for me. I felt it was too fast, you felt you were going to flip out. Some people like that. I asked to go a little slower, don’t do that. The water stopped twice and I was terrified my husband was going to come zooming down on my head. I swallowed a lot of murky jungle water at the bottom. Yuck.

The hot springs and steam room were so awesome and relaxing. It’s peaceful and natural and there’s waterfalls. Bring some extra slip on shoes bc the pavement is hot.
Don’t expect a mud bath, they are vats but still pretty neat. It was a great ending to a good day!

Stayed: March 2018, traveled on business
aocampo, General Manager at Buena Vista Lodge & Adventure, responded to this reviewResponded March 17, 2018

Hello Dear Customer,

Greetings from Buena Vista Lodge!

We value and appreciate you share your experiences on Tripadvisor, about our activities, customer service and all the wonders surrounding this adventure destination that involves relaxation, culture, education and wellbeing around the volcano Rincón de la Vieja, Guanacaste, Costa Rica .

We are very happy to know that your visit has developed normally and satisfactorily. We will share your appreciations as feedback and motivation of our team, to continue improving with new tools that trace us, the path of success, happiness and satisfaction of our customers.

We hope to be your hosts, again in the near future. We thank you, your choice in our tourist destination and we give our email address to aocampo © buenavistalodgecr.com or concierge © buenavistalodgecr.com, to attend your kind inquires and reservations.

Best regards!

Reviewed March 14, 2018 via mobile

Buena Vista has great offerings and can suit a large group. So please read this knowing we all had a great time and wonderful experience. They accommodated over 80 people in group!There is a water slide, coffee tasting, zip-lines, suspension bridges, horseback riding and what was described to me as volcanic baths.

It was a lovely excursion that has some important caveats. I am a moderate in adventure due to past experiences in Mexico so I only did the horseback riding and the pools because I’ve done that so many times. So let me start there.

The team that saddles you up doesn’t speak English. This is not a problem for most, but I’m very short and I had to make gestures to show that my stirrups were too long as he was trying to send me off. There was no prep, no description and no instructions as to what the course and experience was going to be. If you have never ridden horseback or have had mild exposure, do not try this. I was very comfortable until I saw the rocky, down-hill trails we had to take! I would never take that horse ride again.

The poor horses seemed thirsty, tired and old so I also felt so bad. The last two hills had I not known what to do on too big a horse, I think I would have panicked or fell off. Ok so enough of that. Let’s say I was very relieved to get off the horse and into the relaxing baths.

The baths were my favorite part and why not, we had our private one with a swim up bar. So these baths are not in volcanic rock like Dominica. They are ceramic pools I’d say filled with natural water. There’s also a steam room and volcanic mud-all amazing.

So I mentioned not being an adventurist. I took the suspension bridges over the zip lining and they were so cool. We had monkeys and wildlife and views. Others took the zip-lines which I have learned to avoid. Consensus is the first two runs will make you want to bail (which one did and my adventurist husband also almost bailed), but the last we’re fun and “easy”. They were all so scared, they didn’t see the views or the wildlife nor did they learn about the nature like we we did.

Sorry all, I never write this long a review but there’s a lot here. So I’ll quickly say the water slide had no positive reviews. It looked fun and crazy but we were there in March so the water was described as very cold. It was also very fast and described as scary because at the start, you feel you can fly out.

There are many good notes. This is a great place to visit. Overall everyone said this was an awesome day and one of the best annual excursions we have ever had. The coffee experience didn’t get enough attention in my opinion but it was very good so I bought four bags of beans plus liquor and some sauces. The bridges and monkey and pools were amazing. And hey you can take a hay ride instead of the horses to the spas. I wish I was prompted to do that :)

Stayed: March 2018, traveled on business
aocampo, General Manager at Buena Vista Lodge & Adventure, responded to this reviewResponded March 16, 2018

Dear customer,

A warm greeting from Buena Vista Lodge!

Reviewed March 4, 2018

The road makes you wonder where you will end up, but hang in there!
FIRST THING bring Bug spray and make sure you wear it and reapply it throughout the day. Next wear sunscreen!

We started out the day pretty early here arriving about 0930 and wondering if we would really spend the time until 5 pm. We spent the whole day there. We began by riding horses to the Thermal Baths. The Thermal baths are enjoyable and there are many to rotate between or just stay in one. The sauna is nice and allows you to relax before going over and applying the mud. Be sure to lie in the sun and let it dry before rinsing it off with cool water and closing up the pores of your skin.
They give you a tractor ride back down to the water slide, but the views of the volcano are pretty beautiful.

Next we had a small snack with some of the local people and them sharing with us some of their traditional food. It was delicious and the people were warm and friendly.
Next was the water slide, and while the pool at the bottom looks somewhat cloudy, the twists and turns of the slide make it worth the walk up the hill.
Lunch was good with many of their cultural dishes. The beef was really good along with the other choices. We didn't realize how hungry we had gotten doing the earlier activities.
Finished up with the zip line. Our youngest (7) went on the zip line and was fearless, she even decided to do it upside down. It was a great day spent as a family.

The staff were helpful and friendly. While we spoke very little Spanish, they were very good to try to help us in our English language.

Stayed: February 2018, traveled with family
aocampo, Gerente at Buena Vista Lodge & Adventure, responded to this reviewResponded March 9, 2018

Dear Customer,

Greetings from Buena Vista Lodge!

We wish to thank you for your kind comments so positive lived in our Eco Lodge.

Indicate that we are very motivated by your positive comments, in reference to our activities, customer service and all the wonders that surround this adventure destination that involves relaxation, culture, education and wellness in the foothills of the Rincón de la Vieja volcano, Guanacaste , Costa Rica. We wish to express our happiness for your kind comments so positive that you and your family lived in our Eco Lodge.

We hope in the near future, to have the honor of being your hosts. We thank you on behalf of Buena Vista Lodge and we provide you with our email addresses: info@buenavistalodgecr.com and concierge@buenavistalodgecr.com, to provide you with excellent attention as you deserve it.

Best Regards!

Aillen Ocampo

Reviewed February 28, 2018

The long, bumpy road is well worth what awaits you, when you arrive at Buena Vista Lodge. The rooms are large and are cooled by just opening the windows. The food is good and we had excellent service. Be sure to head up to the bar on the hill to enjoy a beautiful location to view the sunset. The zipline and mud baths were fun.

• Stayed: January 2018, traveled with friends

Hello Dear Customer,

Greetings from Buena Vista Lodge!

We wish to express our gratitude, for your choice of our Eco Lodge & Adventure, as your host on your recent visit.

We value and appreciate that you have taken the time to share your experience on Tripadvisor, about our activities, customer service and all the wonders surrounding this adventure destination that involves relaxation, culture, education and wellness in the surroundings of the Rincon de la Volcano. Vieja, Guanacaste, Costa Rica.

We are very happy that your stays will be carried out satisfactorily with our services. We have strived to provide a memorable experience to our important guests. We will share your feedback as feedback and motivation of our team, to continue improving with new products that trace us, the path of success.

We hope, have the honor of being your hosts, again in the near future and we provide our email address to aocampo©buenavistalodgecr.com or concierge©buenavistalodgecr.com, to attend to your kind concerns and provide you with the attention you deserve.

Aillen Ocampo