The hotel and food were good here. If you stay, try and get one of the two Suites as they are much better than the regular rooms. The food was average.
The highlight of this stay was the Adventure Tours. We had a great time with all of the activities. Some may feel that it is a bit manufactured but we thoroughly enjoyed getting out to see all of the sites and unique animals, plants, geology, and water of the area. We especially enjoyed swimming below a couple of the waterfalls.
This was worth the trip and cost. We would do it again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hacienda Guachipelin is a comfortable hotel with 54 rooms, each with private bathroom and hot water. The best Costa Rican ecotourism lodge for adventure travel and nature lovers, located at the entrance of Rincon de la Vieja Volcano National Park. This is the most visited National Park in Guanacaste. For the adventurer, there are many activities like horseback riding, the Canyon canopy tour, Rio Negro Tubing, canyoneering, bird watching, as well as trekking to the crater of Rincon de la Vieja Volcano. Free transportation to the National Park and the hot springs. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Expedia, Hotwire and getaroom.com so you can book your Hacienda Guachipelin reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hacienda Guachipelin Hotel Rincon De La Vieja
- Hacienda Guachipelin Costa Rica/Rincon De La Vieja