We recently stayed for 1 night at Hacienda Guachipelin in March 2014. We stayed in superior double and quadruple rooms. The rooms had plenty of space and overall were adequate and clean. The air conditioning worked fine. The beds seemed a little bit lop-sided, but after a 5-hour drive from SJO (especially the extra bumpy last 30 minutes!), we all slept fine that night. They had nice hammocks in front of each room which were nice to relax in. The walk-in shower worked fine and had good water pressure. The lighting could have been better both in the room and the bathroom, though. We were disappointed when we missed the last shuttle to the mud baths (at 4 pm) that afternoon because our tour ran long the next day and we had to cut that part of the Adventure Tour out completely, so we never got to visit them. The hotel restaurant is only option for food in the area. It was fine, but they only offered us the buffet or pizza, even though they had an a la carte menu at dinner. We opted for the pizza as none of us were that hungry and we thought it was pretty good.
I would probably have given the property just 3 stars overall, but I had to bump them up a star for their TREMENDOUS customer service in dealing with a problem after we left the hotel. My father left his camera behind (apparently in his room). We didn't discover this until after we had left not just the hotel, but Costa Rica. When I contacted them almost a week after our stay, I was told that they did indeed find the camera and would send it back to us in the US. The two ladies who helped me were Katia Watson and Ana Luisa Gonzalez. They not only returned the camera to my father in NY but also found a reasonably priced service to send it. Bravo to Hacienda Guachepelin for their honest and helpful employees. All the locals and transplants we met in Costa Rica were friendly and hospitable people. This was just our second visit to your beautiful country, but I'm sure it will not be our last. Thank you again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hacienda Guachipelin is a comfortable hotel with 54 rooms, each with private bathroom and hot water. The best Costa Rican ecotourism lodge for adventure travel and nature lovers, located at the entrance of Rincon de la Vieja Volcano National Park. This is the most visited National Park in Guanacaste. For the adventurer, there are many activities like horseback riding, the Canyon canopy tour, Rio Negro Tubing, canyoneering, bird watching, as well as trekking to the crater of Rincon de la Vieja Volcano. Free transportation to the National Park and the hot springs. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and Hotel.de so you can book your Hacienda Guachipelin reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hacienda Guachipelin Hotel Rincon De La Vieja
- Hacienda Guachipelin Costa Rica/Rincon De La Vieja