Our family enjoyed every minute of our time at Hacienda Guachipelin. It was easy to find, in a country that uses landmarks instead of addresses.
The highlight was the tubing down a scenic river, which was the most adrenalin-filled tubing we have ever done.
As everyone says, this is a working ranch. Seemed unusual to see cowboys and monkeys together. We enjoyed the parakeets that were chattering around us most of the time. Our room for 4 was spacious. Deck chairs are outside the rooms, perfect for a morning coffee or a cocktail at sunset.
Breakfast was included. We ate dinner at an inexpensive soda 5 minutes down the road.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hacienda Guachipelin is a comfortable hotel with 54 rooms, each with private bathroom and hot water. The best Costa Rican ecotourism lodge for adventure travel and nature lovers, located at the entrance of Rincon de la Vieja Volcano National Park. This is the most visited National Park in Guanacaste. For the adventurer, there are many activities like horseback riding, the Canyon canopy tour, Rio Negro Tubing, canyoneering, bird watching, as well as trekking to the crater of Rincon de la Vieja Volcano. Free transportation to the National Park and the hot springs. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Hacienda Guachipelin reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hacienda Guachipelin Hotel Rincon De La Vieja
- Hacienda Guachipelin Costa Rica/Rincon De La Vieja