We loved our stay at this hotel. We are a family of 5, and thus had 2 rooms. One had a tv and coffee pot and the other didn't. That was fine with us. The grounds are beautiful and the activities offered by the hotel are so fun. We enjoyed horseback riding, inner-tubing, and zip-lining. The hike nearby on the volcano was one of the best we've ever been on. The staff was super friendly and helpful! They even fed us breakfast the day we showed up late! The only things that kept it from getting 5 stars was that it is so remote, it's a long drive to go out dinner anywhere else, and the meals at the hotel were a little expensive.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hacienda Guachipelin is a comfortable hotel with 54 rooms, each with private bathroom and hot water. The best Costa Rican ecotourism lodge for adventure travel and nature lovers, located at the entrance of Rincon de la Vieja Volcano National Park. This is the most visited National Park in Guanacaste. For the adventurer, there are many activities like horseback riding, the Canyon canopy tour, Rio Negro Tubing, canyoneering, bird watching, as well as trekking to the crater of Rincon de la Vieja Volcano. Free transportation to the National Park and the hot springs. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Hacienda Guachipelin reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hacienda Guachipelin Hotel Rincon De La Vieja
- Hacienda Guachipelin Costa Rica/Rincon De La Vieja