Stayed here for two nights in January 2013. Ours was a standard room, and it was just that: small shower, small sink, and toilet, with nowhere to put anything in the bathroom. The room had one tiny chair a double bed and a single bed. Bed sheets are the thickness of old hankies, pillows are old and tiny. The room was clean and bug free. The restaurant was adequate but not inspired in any way. The buffet costs $18US which is reasonable for your choices. No meat is offered at breakfast which is included in your stay. The pool is small, not heated and there are only eight uncomfortable wooden pool chairs available. There are several adventure tours available from the sight and people enjoyed them. We went to the hoot springs and had several enjoyable hours there. Two nights was enough of a stay here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hacienda Guachipelin is a comfortable hotel with 54 rooms, each with private bathroom and hot water. The best Costa Rican ecotourism lodge for adventure travel and nature lovers, located at the entrance of Rincon de la Vieja Volcano National Park. This is the most visited National Park in Guanacaste. For the adventurer, there are many activities like horseback riding, the Canyon canopy tour, Rio Negro Tubing, canyoneering, bird watching, as well as trekking to the crater of Rincon de la Vieja Volcano. Free transportation to the National Park and the hot springs. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Hacienda Guachipelin reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hacienda Guachipelin Hotel Rincon De La Vieja
- Hacienda Guachipelin Costa Rica/Rincon De La Vieja