“Fun!!”

Buena Vista Lodge & Adventure
More attraction details
Owner description: Buena Vista is a cattle raising Hacienda that changed part of its activity to dedicate itself to ecologic tourism in a rustic environment conserving the idiosyncrasy and culture of the zone. It is located 31kms from Liberia and it borders with the National Park Rincón de la Vieja. It has an area of approximately 2,000 acres, 1,400 of which are intended to regenerate the forest and where adventure activities take place, always protecting the environment. The remaining 600 acres are dedicated to cattle raising and the ranch produces the majority of the products that the Lodge consumes.
Reviewed July 29, 2014

I liked everything about buena vista its awesome and fun. I did zip lining, horse back riding,a very fun slide and mud baths everything was great the mud makes you younger and makes your skin softer. It great try it!

There are newer reviews for Buena Vista Lodge & Adventure

Reviewed July 13, 2014

We started off with the best tour guide ever ( Goose ) and horseback riding through the trails. Beautiful scenery! Down to the steam room, mud bath and hot springs. I had never had a mud bath so I got one that day. The mud was so warm and relaxing. After it dried and I rinsed off I joined my husband in the hot springs, and we stayed in the very warm water just chillin watchin the monkeys in the trees until it was time to go to the next thing. Which was the water slide. It was a super long slide but coming from the warm water to the cold water, man I think it made it colder then what it was. But it was fun. We enjoy a very delicious lunch. Omg was the food good. The meal is included in the price of the tour. Zip lines here we come. This was a well worth the price. I would recommend it to anyone.

Reviewed July 11, 2014

My friend & I came here on a guided excursion. First we hiked up through the beautiful forest and zip lined down. The zip lining was sooo much fun...and easy to do. Near the end of the zip line, we found out there were monkeys. Our tour guide was nice enough to take us and another couple to see them before we finish the zip lining. Our last leg of the zip line, we get to go upside down if we wanted. Going upside down was sooo uncomfortable, but so much fun and so worth it! After the zip line, we changed into our bathing suits and went down the water slide. It's not like a typical North American water slide. This is made of concrete, you're given a leather "diaper" (if you don't have shorts on), a tube & a helmet....The most important piece of advice I can give you is make sure your helmet is on tight! Mine felt like it was going to slip off the entire time and being that at several points going down the slide, you feel like you're going to fly over the edge, the helmet is pretty important! The water was cold, but if you're Canadian, you've most likely swam in colder water and won't find it that bad!
After the water slide we changed again and went for lunch. Our lunch was a Costa Rican style buffet and it was very good. At that point you have the opportunity to view your professional pictures from the zip lining & water slide. A disc with all of your pictures (Including the upcoming horseback riding) is $30 American and I think the individual pictures were $12/ea. If you're in a group, they will put everyone in your groups pictures on the disc for you (As well as anyone else who purchased a disc) So the exact same disc is given to anyone who purchased a disc. The next stage is the horseback riding. I've never been horseback riding, but it seemed I was a natural. The horseback riding was about half an hour or so. You go up and down the mountain along different paths. The horses know where to go, although you do have a guide and someone at the back making sure everyone makes it. The view was beautiful and I think this was my favorite part of the entire trip!
After the horseback riding you go to a mud bath and the hot springs. The mud bath was just a couple large "bowls" of mud, you scoop the mud out and slather it on, I wouldn't really call it a 'bath' however, the hot springs were amazing! Going on this excursion we were a little afraid that with fitting so much into one day, that it would all be rushed...that was not the case however. There was sufficient time for everything.

The one thing I would suggest, keep your bathing suit on after the water slide, you'll dry out in the heat and you're going to want it for the mud bath & hot springs....Better than putting on a wet bathing suit!

Reviewed July 9, 2014 via mobile

We drove up from Playa Conchal in the morning and my wife, 10 yo son, and 6 yo daughter did the zip line and water slide. Absolutely amazing fun, great guides on the zip lines, we all loved it. Next time we'll spend the night.

Reviewed July 5, 2014

We had a party of 8 ranging from age 8 through age 71. Everyone participated in all of the activities offered, including zip lining, water slide through the jungle, horseback riding, mud bath and hot springs. The lunch included is wonderful and yummy. We had a lot of fun laughing together!