“Super Mega Combo= All Day Excitement!!!”

Buena Vista Lodge & Adventure
Book In Advance
More Info
$135.00*
and up
Buena Vista Lodge and Adventure Center from...
More attraction details
Owner description: Buena Vista is a cattle raising Hacienda that changed part of its activity to dedicate itself to ecologic tourism in a rustic environment conserving the idiosyncrasy and culture of the zone. It is located 31kms from Liberia and it borders with the National Park Rincón de la Vieja. It has an area of approximately 2,000 acres, 1,400 of which are intended to regenerate the forest and where adventure activities take place, always protecting the environment. The remaining 600 acres are dedicated to cattle raising and the ranch produces the majority of the products that the Lodge consumes.
Reviewed April 23, 2013

My family group of nine booked the Super Mega Combo at Buena Vista Canopy Tour through Allan Murillo and Sunnyside Adventures, Costa Rica. True to form our guide Manny and driver John were at our villa at our scheduled time of pick up.

Our trip led us high up on the Rincon de la Vieja volcanic mountain range. We set out to conquer 10 zip lines with the highest being just above 400 feet. All 9 travelers were new to this type of canopy top excursion. Manny and the guides were awesome! The safety equipment was top notch...I tip the scales at 300+ lbs and was never scared. The view was amazing I was flew through the air only to be joined by a group of Howler monkeys.

From the zip lines we headed back up the hill to the 1200 ft long water slide. You know when you have to wear a helmet and women have to wear a special leather bottom...you are in for a serious ride. First you read the safety board...second you sit in the slide with a tube around you...third the slide operator closes the water flow which allows the water to gather behind you...finally the operator opens the gate and the flood pushes you down the slide. It is all over in 40 seconds with plenty of opportunity for photo ops along the way!

After the slide we changed clothes and gears. We all mounted horses and headed out on the trail. For most this was the first time. The horses were tame and never were out of control. The trail led to the mud bath and hot springs. Here we all applied the mud made from volcanic ash, allowed for it to bake and harden on our skin, and pose for silly once in a lifetime family photographs! Following the mud bath we showered off and headed for the eternal hot springs. Three pools provided hot, warm and cooler temperatures. All fed naturally by the local spring, all awesome for relaxation!

After the springs we loaded up a John Deere Tractor...kind of like a hayride...and headed back to the main area for a all out lunch buffet!

Once again...thanks to Manny from Sunnyside Adventures for providing insight, taking awesome pictures and showing our family an awesome time...once again!

2  Thank PhillyFan55
in 11 reviews
"coffee tasting"
"mega tour"

Reviewed April 15, 2013

We just returned from 1 week vacation in Costa Rica. We visited Buena Vista using Hotelbeds. The trip was $130 per person from the RIU Guanacaste. The tour included transportation, buffet, zip lining, horse back riding, hot springs and water slide. Our family was lucky enough to go on a private car because there was no room for us with the larger group. This was awesome. Our tour guy was Alonso. He was very knowledgable and an excellent driver. The hike to do the zip lining takes a while so you better be in shape. I allowed my 10 and 15 year old to do the zip lining and they where fine. After about 1 1/2 of hiking and zip lining we changed our clothes and hiked once more to get on the water slide. I call it the water slide of death. Just a joke. After the slide we went to a cafeteria for an excellent lunch that included rice, beans, fish, stewed chicken, salads, ect.. the lunch was the best meal I've had in Costa Rica. After lunch we headed to horse back riding. It was fun. Once finished with the horses you hike down to the hot springs. You enter a sauna to open your pores for 5 min, then head to the mud area to apply mud, shower and off to the hot springs. This was amazing. We could see a family of monkeys on the trees above the hot springs. They have 3 pools in the bottom and 2 on top. There is also a bar that offers 2 free alcoholic drinks and non alcoholic for the kids. This trip was well worth it and I recommended to anyone that wants to have fun.

1  Thank zaly
Reviewed April 10, 2013 via mobile

I was picked up at my hotel by our guide Weimer of Ecotrans Tours. He was a university grad in ecological sciences and was not hestiant to share his knowlege. I wasn t really sure what I d signed up for, I knew it included horseback riding to a hot spring and maybe a waterslide. I was in for a great treat.
After we picked up 1 couple, we were off. Just the 4 of us. A great drive up to Buena Vista Resort. We stopped several times for particular birds or trees of interest. Got on our horses for a trail ride through the forest and across streams to the spa. Gorgeous hot spring spa with steam room, mud pots, pools of various temps. Cocktail bar too.
This was followed by a ride in a 4x down to the waterslide where I was fitted with a gorgeous leather bikini bottom. After an impossibly long walk up to the head of the waterslide getting into the cool water was delughtful The ride down was a scream.
Lunch then the zip line. I have a fear of heights so I thought I would pass. After I saw the double cable and other safeguards I actually did it! Amazing race here I come.It was easy being brave with such professional staff.

Reviewed April 3, 2013

We visited for one day in January 2013. We got day passes for $85pp which included all of the activities mentioned below and a buffet lunch. We drove by ourselves are we a party of 2 adults, 2 children (ages 6 & 9), and 2 seniors (late 60's). We all did the ziplining, which was fun and both my in-laws enjoyed themselves although they were hesitant at first. We saw and heard howler monkeys and saw a nest of coati way up in a tree. We left our stuff in the lockers they provided.

My husband, son and I all tried the slide, which was FAST! I think they say it is 400ft long and is made of concrete. The women are supposed to wear these leather 'dipers' that I am sure they created because too many swimsuits were getting ruined. I thought it was a little too scary, but I ended up going twice. The second time I was able to go much slower by fully sitting up the entire time. My husband almost flew off the slide once, but he and my son went down 4 times. It seemed like they were letting us go as many times as we wanted because hardly anyone was on the slide with us and it wasn't time for lunch yet. We rinsed off in the outdoor showers and they provided plastic bags for the wet suits.

We then had a nice buffet lunch that included fried fish fingers that both kids liked. I really liked the creamed soup. After lunch we all went horseback riding, which was my least favorite part, but my daughter's favorite. We rode about 30 minutes to the hot springs area. The horses all know where to go and they sometimes squeeze together and you end up getting pushed to the side where you brush/scratch against the trees/bushes. There are both uphill and downhill parts and I did not like going downhill. Thankfully, you take a tractor back.

The hot springs area was very beautiful. We changed and slathered on the hot mud before letting it dry and rinsing off. Then we tried all the pools. There was one pool that was too hot for almost everyone, but I think they had 5 different pools and most were comfortable. One was a little too cool for my taste, but my kids loved it. We got some fruity drinks here, that were yummy and cost $4.

We were glad that we were not part of a tour group, because we could linger over lunch and not feel rushed to leave the hot springs area. We were some of the last people there, although the place was open for another 1/2 hour. It was a really fun day and we all enjoyed ourselves. It was a good value considering the prices of other tours in Costa Rica.