When my husband and I decided to take a vacation, we wanted a location that was off the beaten path, out in the middle of nowhere, and surrounded by nature. Our destination of choice was the Blue River Resort and Hot Springs in Costa Rica. One word I used to describe the pictures of the resort before the trip, “paradise”. My husband and I stayed there for a week from April 27 – May 4. I would describe the resort and surrounding area as “better than paradise.” We had a few issues not related to the resort; however both of us had a great time. The staff, as well as the town’s residents, are genuinely nice and accommodating. We loved walking around the grounds of the resort and taking in the beauty of the resort, butterfly garden, botanical garden, and hummingbird observatory. We took advantage of using all of the pools, and enjoyed every one of them.
All of the meals we ate were delicious, we enjoyed the buffet breakfast every day we were there, and the restaurant staff was friendly and worked hard to ensure good service. The portions served were adequate enough to leave my husband and I full, and it was nice that we could take our dessert back to our room for later. Our favorite dessert was the three milk cake.
The activities we took part in were the horseback riding and zip line. I would like to personally thank our horseback riding guide, Giovanni, for being so friendly, patient, and accommodating to my husband and me. The zip line guides made sure that my husband and I enjoyed our experience, taught us how to safely zip line, and was very courteous and supportive.
Several days we were there we walked into town for supplies, and we had a special guide each time. Our guide was a very friendly, playful, dog named Echo, and he walked with us each day to town and back. When we would stop off at the office for one reason or another, Echo would greet us with a wagging tail and lots of love.
Our room was the cabana with king-size bed, and we were impressed by the size of the room. We were also impressed that our laptop and cameras were left alone, and any clothes we left lying around were folded and neatly placed on the bed or chair in our room.
Our experience at Blue River was fantastic. I would like to personally thank the owner, manager, and the rest of the staff for making our time at the resort so great and so memorable. If you are the type of person that needs perks such as a phone in the room or wifi, Blue River is not for you. If you are the type of person that wants the rustic charm of nature and do not need those types of perks, Blue River is the place to be. My husband and I personally loved being surrounded by nature and away from commercialized surroundings.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Blue River Resort and Hot Springs is an authentic Costa Rica experience in the rainforests of Rincon de la Vieja. Our jewel is the spectacular natural mineral "green" hot spring pools – but that’s just the beginning. There is a large fresh water pool & bullet slide, the spa, botanical gardens, butterfly farm, iguana and frog pond and much more. Set out on several authentic eco Costa Rica adventure tours, all nearby. Eco-tours include visits to gorgeous blue volcanic rivers and waterfalls by horseback, nature walks, volcano hike, zip-lining across waterfalls and much more. The breadth of eco-nature tours will amaze you. Blue River Resort & Hot Springs offers luxury accommodation in new, spacious 720 square foot cabanas. Book your dream Costa Rica vacation! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Cancelon, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire and TripOnline SA so you can book your Blue River Resort & Hot Springs reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Blue River Resort & Hot Springs Hotel Rincon De La Vieja
- Blue River Resort And Hot Springs
- Blue River Resort & Hot Springs Costa Rica/Rincon De La Vieja