I booked this hotel based on the trip advisor reviews so I feel compelled to review it given that my husband and I didn't really like staying here. The resort is in the middle of nowhere (not near any towns or restaurants) so are stuck there for all meals. The food is bad, the menu is limited and the service in the one restaurant is terrible. At lunch we ordered a house salad, checking with the waitress what we could eat because we don't eat meat (my husband for religious reasons). At dinner we ordered the house salad again not realizing that the restaurant adds pork to it. We explained that we don't eat pork and wanted to send it back. The waiter started to freak out, one of the resort managers came over and asked if we could just take it off and still eat the salad. We said no. They came back within 2 minutes saying they made us a new salad but we found pork in that salad as well. We didn't eat but were still charged.
The next day there was a miscommunication with the activity we wanted to book. We thought we were going on a 2.5 hour hike. Instead we ended up having to waste an hour of our day driving to a place for a 15 minute hike, which I figured out was the same place we had gone zip-lining the day before. The manager agreed to refund us our money after I said 'Im not paying $50 for this'. But it was still annoying as we would have likely done another activity had we known what we had signed up for.
Bottom line - there are so many great places to visit in Costa Rica (we stayed in 2 amazing B&B's afterwards in Monteverde & Tamarindo) - I really wouldn't want to waste my time at Blue River Resort.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Blue River Resort and Hot Springs is an authentic Costa Rica experience in the rainforests of Rincon de la Vieja. Our jewel is the spectacular natural mineral "green" hot spring pools – but that’s just the beginning. There is a large fresh water pool & bullet slide, the spa, botanical gardens, butterfly farm, iguana and frog pond and much more. Set out on several authentic eco Costa Rica adventure tours, all nearby. Eco-tours include visits to gorgeous blue volcanic rivers and waterfalls by horseback, nature walks, volcano hike, zip-lining across waterfalls and much more. The breadth of eco-nature tours will amaze you. Blue River Resort & Hot Springs offers luxury accommodation in new, spacious 720 square foot cabanas. Book your dream Costa Rica vacation! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and HRS so you can book your Blue River Resort & Hot Springs reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Blue River Resort And Hot Springs
- Blue River Resort & Hot Springs Hotel Rincon De La Vieja
- Blue River Resort & Hot Springs Costa Rica/Rincon De La Vieja