Honestly, I selfishly wanted to keep this secret to myself, but Ana and Pablo - the hosts at La Anita, have done too good a job to keep quiet about this hidden jewel. The ride in, while rustic, is all part of the adventure - through the rainforest, over local bridges - most drivers can point out the rare birds, sloths, and other widlife along the way. Colonia Libertad, the local town, is welcoming to guests and gives visitors a chance to sample real Costa Rican life. Ana and Pablo personally welcome their guests to the ranch, which started as a Macadamia farm (free macadamia in the morning? yes, please!). While I highly recommend the one day tour (walk the rainforest - learning about the biodiversity of this special area - , learn to make ceviche from freshly harvested heart of palm, ride the tractor through 8 foot flowers - I've never seen anything like it!) - staying overnight is a must! The most delightful wake-up calls of your life: The cabins are BEAUTIFUL and secure, but built just so you can hear the tropical birds wake up while you take a warm shower in the morning. Ginger flowers surround the cabins. Great spot for honeymooners - beautiful scenery everywhere! The cabins are set in the middle of three volcanoes in the most diverse spot of the country - literally more species in those 25 or so square miles than in all of North America combined. Nearby activites would take months to explore - Ana and Pablo have all the information about local hikes, waterfalls, and horsebackriding. Stay a few days for the food (mostly family or local recipes taken to a gourmet level), the view, the authentic experience, and most of all - for the people. best of all - Ana and Pablo donate part of their proceeds to save parts of the nearby rainforest. Be a do-gooder in the jungle!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in a small valley between the Miravalles, Rincon de la Vieja, and Santa Maria Volcanoes, La Anita Rainforest Ranch is surrounded by an incredible explosion of biodiversity. Our guests have the opportunity to tour our ranch and indulge in gourmet cuisine prepared with ingredients picked fresh from our gardens. We will guide you through rainforest trails, teach you about the flower and heart of palm, fruits and much more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity and Hotels.com so you can book your La Anita Rainforest Ranch reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Anita Rainforest Ranch Hotel Rincon De La Vieja
- La Anita Rainforest Ranch Costa Rica/Rincon De La Vieja