An absolute one of a kind experience that should not be missed. Pablo & Ana are the owners of La Anita, and they open up their farm to you as if you're family. As mentioned, the cabins are simple but beautiful, spacious and comfortable; you truly feel as if you're in nature, while staying in your rooms - complete with showers of rain at night and waking up to birds singing.
The grounds are gorgeous - so lush and diverse -- and with that said, it's not surprise that the food is unbelievably good. We had breakfast & dinner there everyday, and it was incredible. Simple & local but delicious.
Yes, the drive to get there is a bit bumpy and rough, especially if you're accustomed to American roads, but note to driver -- get a 4x4 SUV and just drive fast, because driving slower on the bumps won't make it better. However, once you're there, it's all worth it.
I recommend emailing Pablo & Ana prior to your arrival and letting them know what you're interested in doing on your visit -- whether it's walking around the grounds at La Anita, or going ziplining, to mud baths, hiking, etc., as it will allow them time to coordinate your schedule.
They are amazing hosts, whom we felt were friends by the time we left. The pricing for accommodations and food was very reasonable and the experience cannot be rivaled in my opinion. Hopefully, we will make it back there! For reference, it's about an hour and a half to 2 hour drive from Liberia, all paved roads until the last 20-30 minutes.
Last thing, buy their coffee beans & some Lizano. Trust me, they're both delicious and you'll want them when you get home!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in a small valley between the Miravalles, Rincon de la Vieja, and Santa Maria Volcanoes, La Anita Rainforest Ranch is surrounded by an incredible explosion of biodiversity. Our guests have the opportunity to tour our ranch and indulge in gourmet cuisine prepared with ingredients picked fresh from our gardens. We will guide you through rainforest trails, teach you about the flower and heart of palm, fruits and much more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Hotwire, Travelocity, Hotels.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your La Anita Rainforest Ranch reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Anita Rainforest Ranch Hotel Rincon De La Vieja
- La Anita Rainforest Ranch Costa Rica/Rincon De La Vieja