The accomodation here is very spacious and comfortable - the air conditioning is far more efficient than others we encountered and the lighting was superior.
The buffet dinner was considerably cheaper than that charged at our previous lodge, was of a better quality and (more importantly) did not run out early in the evening. The staff were helpful, even though not all had a good grasp of English.
There are walking trails and zip wires in the grounds as well as rafting, horseriding and other pursuits. We were just using the lodge as a convenient place to stop en route to the Nicaraguan border, which is a pity given the facilities it seemed to offer.
The swimming pool was lovely but frankly quite dangerous. It was quite steeply banked and the stools by the bar were in the deep end, so if you had a drink and then stepped back, you were suddenly out of your depth. Most pool bars are in the shallow end to avoid this very risk. Be very careful if you have young children and/or inexperienced swimmers using the pool.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Surrounded by beautiful gardens just 8 kms from Liberia, we offer a different way to enjoy the natural beauties that surround the Guanacaste National Parks as Santa Rosa, Rincon de la Vieja and Palo Verde.Canyon de la Vieja Lodge offers 50 rooms of which two have access for people with special needs, each has a small front terrace, equipped with double beds, air conditioning, private bathroom, hot water and amenities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Travelocity, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Canon de la Vieja Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Canyon De La Vieja Hotel Rincon De La Vieja
- Canon De La Vieja Lodge Costa Rica/Rincon De La Vieja