“Birds eye view”

$98.99*
and up
6 in 1 Tour: Rainforest Adventures Costa Rica
More attraction details
Owner description: Our visitors will enjoy the most complete experience possible, as they will literally fly through the forest, viewing the sub canopy (middle part of the forest), the upper canopy and its hanging gardens. Tram guests will discover plants and forms of life that are usually hidden in the forest treetops, an unknown world of incredible beauty and an extraordinary biological diversity. Complementing the Gondola experience, participants will be taken on a nature walk and enjoy an informational video.All visitors will be able to see life as it develops in the canopy for the first time, while experts will discover new things about the canopy’s natural history.
Milford, Connecticut
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Birds eye view”
Reviewed July 2, 2014

A gentle stroll amongst the tree tops of the rainforest canopy. The guides are knowledgeable and unless you go really early in the morning or late at night the birds are rare to spot. The stories we are told about the life in the canopy are really quite interesting and after the tram tour you are given a visit of their butterfly and frog garden, unfortunately the frogs ( some poison darts) are not let 'loose' but the bullet ants roam free!!!

Visited June 2014
1 Thank Claireybriain

Miami, Florida, United States
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Aerial Tram Tour”
Reviewed June 16, 2014

My family and I participated in the Aerial Tram Tour. Our guide "Alan" was a wealth of knowledge and enthusiastic to explain all the different components of the rain forest. After several days of adrenaline filled activities, it was great to take in a relaxing entertaining and educational activity. I would highly recommend you request Alan as your guide.

Visited June 2014
Charlottesville, Virginia
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Aerial Tram and Zipline”
Reviewed May 21, 2014 via mobile

We visited the rainforest adventure park on our way to the Caribbean coast from SJO. The tour guide on the aerial tram knew a lot about the plants and animals in the rain forest but as others have said, do not expect to see much in the way of wildlife on the tram ride. It was a slow ride with nice views but pricy for what you get. We did see a red frog and a snake walking around the trail area. We also did the adrenaline zip line, which was well worth the $10 per person price. The zip line handlers were really great and made us feel very safe. They have two cables and a braking system for safety purposes. I would give that experience 5 stars.

London, United Kingdom
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“A wonderful day in the rainforest”
Reviewed May 4, 2014

I visited to have a great day in the rainforest of Braulio Carrillo National Park, and I was rewarded with sightings of tapirs, sloths, snakes (most importantly an awesome Boa constrictor), butterflies, toucans (and lots of other amazing birds), even amazing fish! I spent the entire day in the company of Reimer, my very knowledgeable guide, and the whole experience was excellent! Even though I was a bit nervous about ziplining at first - this turned out to be one of the best things I have ever done. The views of the rainforest from above are just out of this world.
Lunch was provided and very tasty, and the walking activities were great - Reimer was excellent at finding lots of amazing wildlife, both small (leafcutter ants and army ants and the like) and large (tapir - though technically it found us). The aerial tram finished off the day for me - with a superb spotting of said Boa constrictor. I still have a smile on my face just thinking about it.
All in all a great day - it might be pricier than a simple walk in the National Park, but at the same time you get new perspectives of the rainforest, lots of information about the wonderful creatures therein, amazing wildlife sightings and all in nice company. Highly recommended.

Visited April 2014
Jacksonville, Florida
50 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 56 helpful votes
“Worth the visit....but a bit pricey”
Reviewed April 18, 2014

The trip was worth the visit (tram over the forest with guided walk) but it was a bit pricey...60 dollars per person! The tram part was very peaceful. The guide was highly informative. On the walk we observed the flora, fauna and wildlife. We managed to see several butterflies, some toucans, poison arrow frogs, a viper and leaf cutting ants in their natural environment. Overall, I am glad I went. One thing I can definitely say is that the area was very well maintained. There is zip lining offered there as well for those who are a bit more adventurous. plan to be there for at least 3-4 hours. Since it is a rain forest, definitely dress well covered and wear bug spray!
....If you have the time, a bit further down the road is the Braulio Carrillo National park entrance that is 8 dollars a person (non-resident/tourist entry fee) with some trails if you want to/or are able to go it alone...the trails are well marked and you will receive a trail map where you pay you entrance.

Visited April 2014