“Quiet Clean solid front desk”

Quality Inn & Suites
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Cameron Park
Reviewed January 16, 2014

Heading home along the 50 hwy. Have had so many good experiences with Quality Inns, decided to give this one a try after a long tiring drive. Was not disappointed Good internet clean clean clean nice bed. walking distance to variety of food fast and sitdown.

Room Tip: if possible - rooms away from the freeway, but if not, still a good value
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed January 10, 2014

The room was spacious and clean - no complaints there. The problem was someone above me was up all night long - loudly pacing the floor and I did not get a minute of sleep... The bed and pillows were great and I was so disappointed that this person left me with a sleepless night. They ruined my visit. I went to the room where they serve breakfast and that was extremely disappointing. The room was the size of a walk-in closet and the selection of food was extremely limited. You could barely walk through the room as the chairs and tables were in the way as well as other guests eating. There was no hot water for tea just coffee and a few pastries and that's about it and I was there at 7am. At the end of the room was the laundry facilities which was open to the dining area and people were walking through with dirty laundry as we sat there. I just got up and left without anything to eat. I've been at many motels that offer a complimentary breakfast but this was the worse ever. I'm sorry my review isn't a better one, the hotel over all was okay just my experience there was not.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 27, 2013

Older motel, central location just off the freeway ramp, near shopping. Friendly staff. Room had MW, small fridge, TV, desk, table, and 2 beds. Window AC/heater was noisy. Large bath area, with full bath tub. Room and bath were clean. Bed was comfortable . Free continental style breakfast.

Room Tip: Its a 2 story motel.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed September 30, 2013

Very good place and stay except for unheated pool (though early Sept.) and clock radio/alarm that kicks on at 5:55 a.m.(!) and cannot be reset. Even unplugged, that setting remained, leading to conclusion it is built in to get those doggone guests out of there early. Bad, regardless. The guy clerk next a.m. wanted to argue about it. Not p.r. savvy, at best.

But overall the area and hotel are just fine. Across the local road are restaurants (the Kobe Surf & Turf gave us purely the best fish & chips meal we've ever had; also a large draft beer was possible because we could walk "home"; and why would the place be closed on Sundays, when checked last weekend!), beginning with a McDonalds, ending with a Denny's a block away, and some small locals in between. Not sure about the little Mexican place by Kobe, as I got queasy (but not my lady friend) from something, perhaps the chip dip, at one that locals said they love and have used for years, so I'll not name it. Stick with Kobe--and use the back room, if possible, which has a great atmosphere much nicer than the sparse, large main room. Much nicer. Much. Cooler too. Fans too. Very good, and we'll return.

The hotel's small exercise room was under construction--overhead lights--but should be fixed by now. However, the pool will not be heated. The hot tub/spa was just right and we enjoyed it.
Oh--the TV. It had the cheap-motel programming with the godawful roll-through-the-stations mode of finding what's on. A cycle takes about the length of a program--so then you start over! But the excellent check-in girl said "We haven't upgraded all rooms YET," so what could possibly go wrong....

The light breakfast was fine--waffles, coffee, juices and hardboiled eggs, and the attendant was great--and interesting to talk to.

A bargain rate made up for much, but that d___d tv.....and the 5:55 alarm are hard to forget. Those two items might keep us from another stay. Not sure about that yet, as much of the rest of our stay was fine and good.

Room Tip: Freeway is several hundred feet across the courtyard. Presumably you'll want to be away from it...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 22, 2013

We visit family in the area, and this hotel is probably the best that's logistically available for us. But it's not a great place to stay. It's adequate ... clean enough, but not necessarily "sparkly". The breakfast is nauseating (in fact, we couldn't face it this trip, so we opted to pay for a 'real' breakfast elsewhere). The location is convenient. Everything about this hotel is "dated" -- the drapes were sun-rotted and gross. The linens are cheap and cheesy. Then again, I guess you get what you pay for ... the price is good, but expect "sacrifices."

Room Tip: Be careful not to get a room that backs up to the highway.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Stopped for the night on way to Tahoe. Although initial observation was that it looked nice, the hotel was quite dated. It was a comfortable sleep, but the whole experience felt rundown. The door was incredibly thin, the balcony leading to room (on 2nd floor) seemed very dated. Did not feel particularly safe. The room was dusty around the edges. The bathroom was very basic. Breakfast was fair. However, it was good value for what was paid. Staff were very friendly.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Marc B
Reviewed July 20, 2013

As others stated, this is an older property, but the grounds and outside are clean and in good repair. My wife and I stayed here while attending a wedding in the area. While the buildings are older, the rooms themselves appear to have been updated relatively recently. The bed was very comfortable, and there's a modern desk and chest. The bathroom was adequate, and also had updated fixtures. The rooms are smaller, but not tiny.

One thing I was worried about, was the noise....I'm a light sleeper, and have had bad experiences at similar properties. So, I was somewhat apprehensive when we arrived (never having seen the property before) and even more so, when I learned from the front desk that they were expecting a full/busy night.

But even though there was a fire crew, with 4-5 large trucks, and a full parking lot otherwise....I never a sound from either outside or the other rooms. Maybe I was just lucky, but it was a pleasant surprise.

There's a small pool area that looked to be well maintained and clean (we didn't use it during our stay).

If I were in the area again, I wouldn't hesitate to stay here.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Larkspur Landing Folsom
Mother Lode Motel
Mother Lode Motel
#5 of 5 in Placerville

Been to Quality Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!