“I don't understand the other reviews!”
Review of ZacJack Bistro - CLOSED

ZacJack Bistro
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed April 11, 2012

I was really shocked after reading the other reviews of ZacJack. I found the staff to be very friendly and helpful and the food to be excellent. In fact, for the price I found it to be a much better deal than most places in the greater Sacramento area. We started with the special appetizer which was a beer battered asparagus - it was delicious and not at all greasy. Next we had their wonderful Caesar salad which was a bargain. For entrees I had the Steak Frites and my wife had the Boneless Short Rib, both were delicious and absolutely fork tender. Our server was cute, helpful, attentive and friendly. Her only mistake was not wiping off the table betweeen courses, but it wasn't as though there was a big mess. Ok, now for the BOMB - their St. Honore cake dessert is the absolute GREATEST! It's a custrad filled pastry with whipped cream and caramelized edges sitting in a pool of caramel and chocolate sauce. Not only is it big, but it's the best dessert I've had in years. I love this place and recommend it highly. So there all you negativeistas!

2  Thank mlk18

Reviewed March 31, 2012

My friends and I gave this resturant several chances. Although the food was OK, everytime we went we were never able to have our first choice and sometimes second choice of meal because they either ran out or didn't have it. The same with the wine. I can overlook this problem, however, the owner of the resturant was so extremely rude, and actually gave us dirty looks as we were leaving, as if she didn't know we saw her. We had ordered a pizza that was suppose to have fresh basil. When it was presented without it and we asked about it, the owner said we were wrong. When we pointed out the words "fresh basil" she said the chef changed his mind. Also the pizza ingredients were tossed all on the same side instead of distributed all over. Again, the owner made us feel like she was doing us a favor. Its was the worst experience at a resturant I have ever experienced, that even if the food was fabulous, I wouldn't return just because of the owner. Too bad.

5  Thank luv2wine52
Reviewed February 17, 2012

This is the third time we have been to this restaurant. My husband read a new review in the Sac Bee and drug me to dinner apparently the reviewer sat at a table. While their food is quite good, it makes me very uncomfortable to go to a restaurant that is so dirty. The bathrooms, were of an average gas station, dirty wet towels on the counter next to where your salad is being made. The cooler in the bar had the same spilled mess on the front of the glass from the 6 months we were there earlier. We will not be back.

3  Thank Vickinbobyo
Reviewed February 6, 2012

The food is good although menu is limited, but staff if friendly and courteous. Small restaurant and bar.

1  Thank DaisyS01
Reviewed February 3, 2012

We stopped in for lunch at this spot as we read in the paper that this spot is owned by a Cordon Blue Chef who trained under some of the top Chef's in the Country, and this is his second place. The other spot is an award winning French restaurant and this is his affordable bistro style spot. We were not disappointed with the food, we had his french style burger, the bun was baked in-house and was made with Kobe Beef, and the fresh cut french fry's came with homemade ketchup. We also enjoyed the French Brioche stuffed cinnamon toast. Hope to get back and try some of the other good looking dishes we saw go to other tables. Wine list is not very deep, and but they did serve us some local wines which we had never heard about and were very pleasantly surprised.

1  Thank Peter E