New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #28 of 50 Restaurants in Cameron Park
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Nicest Restaurant in Cameron Park”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2013 via mobile

We heard lots of great stuff about Snooty Frog from neighbors so we thought we'd give it a try. We walked in and immediately were impressed by the intimate, romantic atmosphere there. We first had amazing coctails made and served by the owner. He is such a nice guy and we being new to Cameron Park, he gave us a great history lesson of his place and the area in general. We were lucky to be there on the night that they offered prime rib. OMG, this is the best ever. My wife and I have had prime rib many times, from coast to coast, and all else pales in comparison. Believe me, find out when it's on the menu, and get ready for the meal of your life.

• Visited June 2013

Cameron Park, California
“Worst food that I have ever tasted at ANY restaraunt! STAY AWAY!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2013

We were the only people there at the dinner hour on a Tuesday. When walking in, my children began to complain of how stinky the place was. A host/bartender/waiter and the "cook" were the only employees there and the food took an HOUR and A HALF before arriving. The appetizer was inedible to even my 8 and 10 year old boys who eat anything. We each took one bite and left the rest.My steak came with a seafood topping of some sort that LITERALLY made me gag. I could not eat it even after scraping off the topping. When I told the waiter that I didn't like it at all, he was surprised as it was one of their popular dishes (YUCK). He offerred to bring me something else which I declined. The rest of my family's food was maybe marginal at best and they didn't finish it. When the waiter brought the check, he offerred us a free dessert which we declined. He actually CHARGED me $39.99 for the plate of crap that I didn't eat. NEVER, NEVER GO THERE- ABSOLUTLY HORRIBLE! We now call this dump the SNOTTY FROG!

• Visited June 2013
San Francisco
“Avoid this place”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2013

Horrendous. Terrible service (over an hour from order to food served). Chicken Marsala that was made with soy sauce instead of Marsala. None of the 3 people who ordered Marsala could eat it - salty glop. Go anywhere else.

• Visited July 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
“Not your everyday restaurant...but I could eat there every day!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2013

My husband & I stopped by because I wasn't in the mood to cook dinner. He had the poached salmon with sour cream, cucumbers, dill, green onions, capers & fresh lemon juice. I had the smoked salmon tortellini as featured in Cindy Sample's "Dying for a Dance" novel. We both loved our meals!!!

• 4 of 5 bubbles
rescue
“Local pleasant quiet dinner spot”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 26, 2012

We recently met a group for drinks and appetizers here on a wednesday night.The service was slow and a little abrupt.The cook came out to our table and shared how one of the items was prepared,nice touch.The food was good,atmosphere ,very dark and sombre.

• Visited December 2012