“Would love to give it 4 stars, but can't”
Review of Applebee's

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Applebee's
Ranked #33 of 51 Restaurants in Cameron Park
Cuisines: American
Reviewed June 30, 2014

Yes, it is a chain and for the most part the food is consistent and the dishes I have had are always good. The service is lacking a bit, while the folks (kids) are friendly, just not to attentive. Maybe the part of the problem was we came on a Sunday afternoon at 3ish, seemed to close to shift change. One member of our party finally went to the drink stand and poured my water himself. I even pushed my glass to the edge of the table while the waitress was talking to us with a pitcher in her hand! Not very observant. Slow in removing empty dishes also, at one point we stuck them on another table to get them out of out way. On a different note, the reason we came is that apparently they are trying to pilot a new idea which is they turned the outdoor seating into a "Biergarten" on Thu-Sat, with 3 German beers on draft and a sausage plate. For us, having Fresh Draft German Beers available in this beer barren area is WONDERFUL! That is almost worth 5 stars!

There are newer reviews for Applebee's

Reviewed January 15, 2014

The staff was the highlight of this restaurant. Excellent service, courtesy and esprit de corps. Everyone enjoyed their food. I had a melted cheese sandwich, tomato soup, and a very good deal on a brownie and ice cream dessert. All good.

More vegetarian options would be appreciated.

Reviewed January 7, 2014

Stopped by for a late dinner. Pretty good amount of people. Decent time getting us seated. The time it took to take our order wasn't bad either. I ordered fish and chips. Easy enough.

Things arrived in a decent time, so service was not an issue at all. The food was.

The fish was soaked in oil. The batter was also soaked. Think of a sponge that has reached its limit. The fish was also tough. Not flakey. I'd like to say it was moist, but tough fish is hard to ignore. Was I disappointed! Ate a few bites and stopped. Not worth it. Vinegar and sauce can only cover up so much. This is certainly a first. Bad batch, bad cook, whatever it was... Just subpar.

One bad plate of fish and chips doesn't mean stop eating at Applebee's. Just don't order the fish and chips.

Reviewed November 16, 2013

I and five other famiy members went to Applebee's for lunch on Sunday, Nov. 10, to celebrate two family birthdays. The server was very helpful in describing the menu items and wanted to be sure that we were happy with the food we ordered. She was very patient with my ninety-year old parents. She even made a special effort to talk to the manager so I could have a meal which wasn't normally available on the week-end. The food was delicious. We were very pleased.

Reviewed October 13, 2013

Do not let your kids order the kid's sirloin. It was horrible and had it sent back for chicken fingers.