“THE BEST FOOD AND SERVICE HERE”
Review of Old Stone Station

Old Stone Station
Ranked #26 of 49 Restaurants in Cambria
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: An American style tavern in Cambria on the central coast of California. Family owned and operated for over 20 years. Serving steaks, seafood, salads and sandwiches as well as beer and wine. Two dog friendly outdoor patios.
Reviewed January 30, 2011

I have been coming here every time I am in town. I love the fresh fish, the sandwiches and meats and service and warmth of the Karl, Joshua and other staff members. They make this place a hit with me. The food is so fresh and delicious! Best fish and chips , Prime Rib, sandwiches and salads in all of Cambria!!!! A casual atmosphere and the best in the West food!!! Don't miss out on this!!! Home made salads and desserts! Yummmm!!!!! Lunch $12 and up, depending on what you order, $26 and up, and worth the price! Leave room for me when I come back next month!

1  Thank betsybubbles

Reviewed January 24, 2011

We ate at this restaurant a few years ago when visiting the area and had some excellent fish so we tried it again hoping nothing had changed, and it hadn't. The prices we thought were about the same as most of the other full service restaurants in Cambria, but we like this restaurant more. The atmosphere is cozy and comfortable. The meals are well prepared, they have a good selection of steaks, some chicken dishes and ribs, but the california halibut is superb, also good desserts. We had berry cobbler that tasted homemade.

Reviewed November 12, 2010

My wife & I went to the Old Stone Station when in the area. We went based on the mostly good reviews here and because it was what we thought was our best option. It was a Tuesday night and the place was dead. There was maybe 3 other tables that had people at them. The food was very overpriced (even more than we expected it would be) and just wasn't good. We aren't picky, we like a lot of places, but we really wished we hadn't wasted our money here.

Reviewed October 28, 2010

First of all, they are very dog-friendly. There are two patios you can sit at with your dogs. Food is consistently good, and the desserts are wonderful.

Reviewed October 25, 2010

We had dinner here one Friday evening in October. The staff were all friendly and competent, the decor and ambiance were quirky and quaint. My husband had the Old Stone Special (based on recommendations found on TripAdvisor) for dinner and was underwhelmed. I had the small cut prime rib and I couldn't even finish it - it was tough and chewy and, quite literally, the worst prime rib I've ever had. Maybe this was a fluke, but it was very disappointing for us.