“Best on the Central Coast!”
Review of Old Stone Station

Old Stone Station
Ranked #24 of 50 Restaurants in Cambria
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Description: An American style tavern in Cambria on the central coast of California. Family owned and operated for over 20 years. Serving steaks, seafood, salads and sandwiches as well as beer and wine. Two dog friendly outdoor patios.
Reviewed November 7, 2011

Excellent location, service and food. Very accommodating and friendly staff. Great ambiance. My "go-to" restaurant for prime rib that melts in your mouth.

Reviewed October 31, 2011

This little place is a wonderful place to eat. Down home cooking and great service. Prices are very good too.

Reviewed August 20, 2011

My husband and I stumbled upon this place during our last visit. We liked the casual atmosphere. We only ordered a couple cheeseburgers and salads for dinner but they were very good. The service was a little slow because they had a big party at the time, but that didn't bother us.

Reviewed August 15, 2011

We walked into the other so-called grills in cambria and walked straight out. Here we found excellent meat, a nice atmosphere, good service and great wine. A very good place to eat if you like meat and want to get away from the industrial BBQ-places on the main street.

Reviewed June 9, 2011

We stayed in Cambria for 2 nights earlier this week. We had a lot of seafood the previous 2 days in Morro Bay, so my husband felt like a steak. After perusing the menus in our hotel office, he decided on this restaurant., since the menu showed a variety of steaks as well as prime rib. There were only a few other people there at about 7:30 on a Monday night. After being seated, I ordered a glass of zinfandel, and my husband asked if they had bourbon. No, the waiter said, only beer and wine. With a menu like theirs, we thought it was strange that they did not have a full bar. So my husband looked at the short beer list. There were only a couple beers on the list that he was interested in. When he ordered the first one, the waiter said that they don't carry that anymore. So he ordered the only other one that he liked. The waiter left, and after a minute, came back and said they were out of that beer. So my husband ended up ordering a diet coke.
I had decided on prime rib, and my husband was going to have the filet. When the waiter came back to take our food order, I ordered the small cut of prime rib. Oh, the waiter said, we're out of prime rib and filet. My husband and I just looked at each other, and the waiter said he would give us a few more minutes to look at the menu and left. My husband half jokingly said that if they were out of one more thing, we were leaving. So, compromising, I was going to get a ribeye and my husband a New York. The waiter returned. I asked, do you have ribeye? Yes, he said. OK, I would like a ribeye medium rare and a baked potato. Oh, the waiter said, we're out of potatoes. That was the last straw, and we got up and left, telling them we were not going to pay for drinks from which we only had a couple sips, and went to another restaurant and had a very enjoyable steak and potato dinner. How can a restaurant be out of potatoes!!!
Needless to say, we will never try this restaurant again. I see that they have some good reviews here, but there was definitely a problem the night that we were there.

2  Thank SanDiegoCoco