“Thoroughly Impressed by the Cambria Pines Lodge”

Cambria Pines Lodge
Ranked #4 of 12 Hotels in Cambria
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed August 6, 2007

From the very beginning, I felt invited and warmly welcomed to stay at the Cambria Pines Lodge. My boyfriend and I were looking for a quick and easy getaway, midweek, and we were thoroughly impressed with our entire experience. I have known many people who have stayed at the lodge in the past, and had even attended a few weddings held in their breathtakingly beautiful gardens, so I felt confident in booking a reservation with them. I called the local number and immediately felt comfortable with the woman who answered the phone, as she was so knowledgeable and friendly. She even offered a great deal, that included a one night's stay and dinner for two and wine in their awesome, organic restaurant. We were quick to take advantage of such a killer offer!

When we arrived, we were greeted with multiple smiles from the front desk. Such a positive and happy group! They quickly and efficiently checked us in to one of the newer spacious and nicely decorated large suites. We felt like we had won the lottery! The bed was like sleeping on a cloud! We had an amazing view of the pine forest- it's always refreshing to see nature from the comfort of such beautiful accommodations.

Dinner was great as well- they had some nice vegetarian options which I always appreciate! Our server provided us with prompt and personable service.

All in all our experience was more than what we could have asked for! It was a great place to spend the night, and enjoy nature's splendor. We will definitely be back!

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled as a couple
1  Thank smilesngiggles
Write a ReviewReviews (4,996)

Reviewed August 5, 2007

Pretty standard hotel room but with homey touches making it a pretty nice stay. Comfortable down quilts on the bed and tons of pillows were nice. Beautiful area, nice facility and a large buffet breakfast in the morning.

Stayed: July 2007
1  Thank agedude
Reviewed July 29, 2007

Quick and easy check-in and check-out process. Front Desk Staff was very efficient and knowledgeable. I made the reservations with the hotel and the staff was very accommodating and friendly. They managed to give me a room that best suited my needs for the visit. The visit was very relaxing and a real getaway. The grounds are beautiful and refreshing. The pool and jacuzzi area is very inviting.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled with friends
1  Thank forevertransient
Reviewed July 29, 2007

I was a little hesitant in reserving a room at the Cambria Pines Lodge after reading some of the reviews I found online. My mother had stayed at the Cambria Pines Lodge on her honeymoon with my father (who has recently passed). I thought it would a nice surprise to bring her back to such a wonderful memory. After much thought I went ahead with my plans to bring my mother back to Cambria. I called the hotel directly and spoke with a lovely gal who helped me reserve the perfect room that even included dinner, wine and breakfast. When we entered the lobby doors the front desk staff greeted us with a smile and made as feel right at home. They even helped us make an appointment for a massage and helped us to get tickets at Hearst Castle. It was definitely 5 star service! The grounds/gardens are beautiful, the new outdoor pool and spa is just lovely and so relaxing. We stayed in a newer superior room. It was so cute (just like our own little cabin). I felt a million miles away from all the rustle and bustle of the city. The staff was accommodating and friendly, the food in the restaurant was excellent, the room was comfortable and well-appointed. Everything was just perfect!

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled on business
1  Thank americanroyalty
Reviewed July 28, 2007

I have stayed in better Motel 6's. At a cost of more than $200 a nite we had a room with a leaking refrig, a sofa & chair we could not sit on, a leaking coffee pot, a dangerous ironing board, windows with no or damaged screens, soap & hair conditioner containers reversed in shower and bedroom blinds that did not work. One of the beds only had one sheet. A cold & tasteless breakfast was also served. Yes, the gardens and grounds were beautiful but the room was the "pits!!"

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled as a couple
2  Thank jalPhoenix
Reviewed July 28, 2007

Beautiful grounds. Love the gardens. The room and service, however, were not great.

Seemed like an old motel room, especially the bathroom area - old vinyl flooring, crooked toilet, dim lighting. There was an interesting old push-button dispenser for liquid soap, shampoo and conditioner in the the shower. The room carpet was old. Didn't seem clean. The beds and pillows were not very comfortable. No internet service.

The staff seemed too busy to provide good service. There was no desk bell for me to ring to catch their attention. They were in the back room chatting. Once they noticed me at the front desk they rush me through the check-in process. They had no time or interest in answering my questions. During the busy and crowded breakfast I couldn't find a staff to pay for breakfast.

I paid $165 for a basic room. Not a good value for the quality of the room and the poor service I received. Upon check-out they gave me a discount coupon for a future stay. I don't think I'll be staying there again.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled with family
2  Thank MrMats
Reviewed July 25, 2007

We attended a wedding at the lodge. The grounds are beautiful but the suite we had was expensive, ancient and the service was poor. You could not sit on the coach or chair in the front room, they were in such bad shape. The coffee pot was broken and drained all over the place, the walls had holes, the carpet was filthy, the bed had only one sheet, the screens were off the windows, the shower caddy had conditioner in the soap, soap in the shampoo, and shampoo in the conditioner dispensers. The breakfast was cold and tasteless. The staff was not friendly, didn't smile and when we asked if the screen could be placed on the window so we could open the window and air the musky room suite out, we were told, "yes, if we get a chance". Never again!

Stayed: July 2007