“Cambria Pines Lodge; best accomodations in Cambria!”

Cambria Pines Lodge
Ranked #4 of 12 Hotels in Cambria
GreenLeadersSilver level
A TripAdvisor Member
“Cambria Pines Lodge; best accomodations in Cambria!”
Reviewed December 3, 2004

I recently traveled to Cambria with my wife. We loved Cambria Pines Lodge. They have so much to offer and fabulous suites. Be sure to stay in a 2 room suite, it has a fireplace in the bedroom and living room. My wife was able to read alone in bed by the fireplace while overlooking the gorgeous view of the pine trees. I sat in the sitting area in the seperate living room with my own fireplace and read the paper. We then strolled the path along the Pines to enjoy a full array of breakfast items at the buffet breakfast each morning, biscuits and gravy (my favorite), sausage, eggs, pancakes, fruit, bagels, cereal and so much more. We were pleasantly surprised. AFter breakfast we would stroll the magnificant gardens and found the organic garden where they grow the vegtables for their restaurant. The town of Cambria is also so quaint and peaceful. We visited Hearst Castle, which is amazing. I reccommend tour 3. After spending the day in Cambria (Robins is great for lunch) we were back to Cambria Pines to enjoy the delicious home grown veggies. I had the prime rib which was the best I've ever tasted. Our server was Ryan who did an outstanding job. My wife had the ravioli which she said tasted wonderfully rich. It was so nice to then go into the lounge which had a huge fire going and entertainment. The man singing and playing guiatar was a nice mix of folk and R&B. We really enjoyed Cambria Pines and loved the fact that they had an array of things to offer. And the best part of going this time of year were their spectacular Christmas lights! They were beautiful! We have stayed on Moonstone Beach many times and found that Cambria Pines is much more affordable and only a 3 minute drive to the beach. We will always stay at Cambria Pines when we go to Cambria now.

2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (566)
  • Polish first
Reviewed October 28, 2004

The Lodge has some serious management issues that should be addressed. I had a problem when checking in Friday night and asked to speak to a manager, not even a general manager, just a manager. There wasn't a manager to be found on the entire property!!! The staff were all very nice and accomodating, but I wanted to speak to a manager regarding the noise level in the rooms due to poor insulation. I can't imagine why a manager wouldn't be available on a busy Friday night. It seems so weird. I was told a manager would contact me the next morning but that never happened. When I called the front desk they said the manager never came in that morning. I left that afternoon, disgusted that I couldn't even speak to the management about the insane noise levels in the room. You can hear people sneezing, laughing, watching TV, and doing many other things that you don't want to hear. I was paying almost $200 a night. I left a comment card but haven't heard anything from management. They should be there on the weekend and they should invest in good construction. Our romantic getaway was ruined. If you have a problem when you stay there, don't expect it will be resolved!! The management isn't there and apparently don't care.

6 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
San Diego, California
Reviewed October 22, 2004

We stayed here for two nights. The rooms are in poor condition. Okay furniture, okay amenities, okay bed. But the walls in-between the other rooms are extremely thin. Can hear TVs, footsteps, etc. Very difficult to sleep with. Pool area is dirty and outdated. Pool water was extremely cloudy. I felt like I was going to catch something. Don't stay here. Overpriced. Outdated. Dirty.

But the restaurant was fabulous! Great food and service. Dinner was great. Free breakfast for guests was great. Lounge was cool.

• Stayed January 2005
4 Thank alexsndiego
Reviewed October 15, 2004

Our family stayed in Cambria, CA for four nights. Our daughter's wedding was held at Cambria Pine's Lodge Historic Garden. They did a beautiful wedding reception. Some of our family stayed at the Creekside Inn and that was very nice and easy to get to the quaint shops in Cambria. We enjoyed the Lynn's Bakery and Restaurant very much and sure do miss the Ollabery desserts. It was a neat place to visit.

2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed October 12, 2004

Had already booked this hotel as part of a fly-drive package. Only read reviews of hotel just before leaving England.

Can only confirm other reviews. The gardens of the Lodge are beautiful and well kept. Staff were friendly and helpful. Whole atmosphere of the bar/dining area was cosy with a great (free) breakfast served every morning.

However there are major problems with sound insulation in the standard rooms. The block of rooms we were in also had no locks on the external doors. My party would also not use the pool as the pool surround was badly damaged (think of the diseases you could pick up) and the changing area etc. was badly in need of modernisation. I wouldn't go back but Cambria itself was a delight.

4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed September 22, 2004

Sorry to say that this was very disappointing. I had been led to this because of a special offer and when I called to make reservations they never mentioned the special offer. I had to ask about it and then was told about the upgrade opportunity. I chose the original offer and was disappointed when I saw my room. It was in separate area from the main lodge and my room was a huge barren space with very little furniture. It was far from cozy and it did not even have a hairdryer. The bathroom was very outdated with a dim light fixture in the shower area. When I checked in they never told me about the full buffet breakfast included. When I checked out, I was asked how my experience was and I told them that I was OK but not crazy about it...immediately they wanted to tell me that the next time I came I would get a major discount on the UPGRADE package. When I asked about breakfast, they told me that for sure this was included. A little late...wouldn't you say?
And...this place is not even near the coast. Moonstone Properties has other places on the coast that you should check out.

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member