“Gem in the Pines”

Cambria Pines Lodge
Ranked #4 of 12 Hotels in Cambria
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed November 3, 2012

Very nice small "resort: motel. Very nice gardens and great restaurant. Watch for their specials which include a dinner. Opt for one of the newer rooms toward the back of the property. Nice nursery across the street. Can walk to downtown area if you dont mind lots of steps.

Room Tip: Newer rooms in the back.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank simon s

Reviewed November 1, 2012

We stayed for two nights at the Cambria Pines Lodge for the first time in July. It is such a lovely place to stay! The room was large, clean, we had a fireplace and very comfy accommodations. We had a drink in the lounge the first night and the lady bartender makes one mean mai tai!
We ate at the restaurant, our stay included a package with the meal included and it was very affordable. We were served a wonderful meal from several choices, with a bottle of wine included! The gardens are beautiful, and peaceful.You feel like you are in a mountain cottage with all the pine trees surrounding you, but No Snow!
I would recommend this inn and we will definitely stay there again!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Cindy S
Reviewed November 1, 2012

We look forward to spending a night or two every year. We take advantage of the "couples getaway" with a coupon. It gives us a great dining experience and always choose the "cabins."'

The staff is friendly, the grounds lovely, and the food is great.

Room Tip: We love the cabin with a fireplace. Quiet and lovely.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 1, 2012

We found this deal on the lodge on Travelzoo 2 nights, one dinner w/a bottle of house wine, 6 wine tastes from wineries in Paso Robles and breakfast both mornings. The dinner was very good and considering it was my wife's birthday I brought my own wine and took the hose wine for later. The rooms are a little dated but the stay was relaxing up in the woods. The thing I liked the most was the breakfast. it was aBuffet but was better than some ordered breakfasts I have had elsewhere. Fruit, Scrambled eggs, sausage, potatoes, muffins, coffee, orange juice and the few was hot. The 2nd day they also had pancakes which were very good considering they were in a buffet. It was a wonderful getaway for my Wife's birthday. I failed to mention that we had a suite with a fireplace which was very romantic.

Room Tip: See if you can get a suite for the same price as a regular room. The regular room is like a duplex c...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 1, 2012

I was only here for the final night of my holiday. By this time I was tired and had a bad cold so maybe I am not so favourable here. The location is charming and the gardens looked delightful. My room was on the first floor of a cabin type building. It was prettily furnished in a retro style and I was able to open the window - a rare treat. But the downside was that it was quite a walk to the main building and it was not well lit. We got lost going and coming back.. I had taken a torch but the batteries died on me. On a chilly night and when you don't feel well you can do without that hassle. Our meal was very nice but I had to wander around looking for my room afterwards. That outdoor lighting should be improved.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank AtravellerEssex
Reviewed October 30, 2012

The Cambria Pines Lodge is the place to stay in charming Cambria. The property sits on a hilltop above the village and is surrounded by towering Monterey pines. They have some beautiful garden areas, as well. The lodge has several different types of buildings of differing construction eras. Stay away from the 2-story motor lodge style building and request one of the newer Craftsmen-styled cottages or townhouses and you will be more than happy. The breakfast buffet is outstanding! The lodge also has a restaurant and bar/lounge with live music which is a lot of fun at night in sleepy Cambria. Another tip is the great little hiking trail that leads from the north side of the property down into the village. Great workout climbing back up it!

Room Tip: Ask for a cottage!
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MisterBespoke
Reviewed October 23, 2012

The grounds are enchanting! Beautiful wal-kways, tucked away paths, colorful flowers and vegetation. The pathways are accessable to wheelchairs and elderly with walkers. The grounds are the main reason I return yearly! The accommodations are comfortable and spacious. However, the bathroom was a low toilet, so myt parents travel with a raised tolet seat. The beauty of this older place out shines the wear and tear. Staff are friendly and helpful, making us feel welcome.
I will continue to recommend the Cambria Pines Lodge to friends.

Room Tip: Ask about steps to the entrance for elderly with walkers.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family