“Perfect location, Great Staff”

Fireside Inn on Moonstone Beach
Ranked #9 of 12 Hotels in Cambria
Encinitas, California
“Perfect location, Great Staff”
Reviewed February 8, 2011

My Family stayed over the weekend. We booked two rooms a superior king with view and spa tub and a double queen without patio. The rooms were clean and nice with all you could need except maybe a microwave. The staff was more than willing to let me use the microwave in the breakfast room in the off hours so it was not really a problem. the continental breakfast was just right with cereal, hard boiled eggs and great waffle makers. The breakfast room is a little small especially on a busy weekend but if the weathers nice you can eat outside. Gas fireplace easy and nice. Bedding not super fancy but above average and very comfortable. We would definitely stay here again. If you book early they give a pretty decent discount. Perfect for relaxing. Thank you Fireside Inn.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (254)
ca
Reviewed February 4, 2011

We enjoyed the Fireside Inn and the view of the surf and coast. If I am visiting the coast, I want to be right on it! And this hotel is, altho separated from it by the road which in mid week January is all but empty of cars and noise. Sitting in the afternoon sun on our patio and watching the surf roll in was a delight. Friendly help, friendly town with at least 5 good restaurants, lovely walks in Fiscallini open space and sourrounds, all made this a desireable, quick central coast getaway. It's an older, traditional hotel, so don't expect a trendy boutique feel but the owners have kept it up nicely. An average b'fast buffet is included.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
Redwood City, California
Reviewed January 29, 2011

This hotel was great, the staff was great, the rooms were clean, the amenities wonderful, the breakfast yummy, the location amazing!! Why, you wonder, did I ding them for a star?

Well, I brought my computer hoping to work while I was at the hotel. I spent almost 2 hours on the phone with the company they contract their Internet with trying to figure out why my Internet wasn't working. To be more precise, my browsers weren't working, even though my computer's email was working just fine. I ended up being escalated all the way up to the Sr. Engineer and they still couldn't figure out what was wrong. My computer was seeing the connection fine, with good strength. It popped on for a couple of minutes (really slow) and then pooped out for the rest of the night!!

Imagine my surprise when it was working PERFECTLY the next morning, just in time for me to check out!! So, their conjecture that my IP address was bad was not substantiated. I suspect it is a band-width issue, too many guests trying to use the Internet at the same time. I have to say that the exact same thing happened one night I stayed at another Best Western in Monterey, but it was fine the next day when I stayed at a different Best Western in Pleasant Hill. They had been saying something was wrong with my computer as well, but it turned out that my computer was fine.

Anyway, I would definitely recommend this hotel, as long as you don't need to use your computer in your room. Oh, I totally appreciated the two free bottles of water in my room and that they had a well-organized informational binder for guests. And, of course, I enjoyed the fireplace in the room!!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled solo
Redlands
Reviewed January 27, 2011

We go to Cambria every year for Spring break. Our first trip was in 2006, and we booked a simple 2 queen room with a fireplace. At the time I was much younger, so was my brother. So we went to the toy store and got a puzzle and sat around the fireplace putting it together. We ate at the Moonstone Beach Bar & Grill, which was amazing! I lost one of my teeth there too... The steamers are fantastic! Anyway, The room was cozy and wonderful. The service was really great too. Very nice people. I think the same person has been there every time we came for a visit. Very friendly towards children and now they even allow pets. Last year they didn't, however, so we had to stay somewhere else. But when I discovered they did, I planned to stay there again this year. Can't wait!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
Cypress, California
Reviewed January 25, 2011

We have a reservation in Hearst Castle so decided to book to this inn… We were happy that we did the right thing… We came in late from our trip in Lake Tahoe and looked totally exhausted, so the guy in the front desk offered us some apples and cookies and showed the nearest place where we can grab our dinner at 10 in the evening… Their Jacuzzi closes at 10pm but he asked us if we want it so he can let us stay for 30mins.
The check out time is 11am but he also told us just to call if we’re really tired so he can change it to 12:30pm…
About their room, I love their interior! A bit of modern and classical designs…
In the morning, after we had breakfast (they also have a good breakfast) we finally packed our things but the view stopped me.. it was really breathtaking! The beach and mountains was just fabulous!
Can I also say that this inn is the other side of most Best Western :)

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed January 22, 2011

The inn is right across from the beach. We got in late, but still were able to walk along the boardwalk and watched the sunset. The rooms are huge, and very spacious with a fireplace in the corner. The beds are very comfortable, but they could use some new pillows. The breakfast was excellent, with waffles and also locally baked pastries. This is the perfect spot for a stop if you are visiting the Hearst Castle.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
Corona del Mar, CA
Reviewed January 21, 2011

Cambria is family favorite for weekend getaways and the Best Western Fireside Inn is one of the three places we generally stay and which one we choose depends on availability.

The location here is superb, you are directly across from the ocean and you get those great ocean breezes.

The amenities are great, the pool is heated year round and that is important to me as is the free high speed Internet. They also offer a nice continental breakfast in the morning, but we prefer to head over to Linn's Fruit Bin or the Cambria Cafe for a full breakfast.

The rooms are very clean and the folks there couldn't be nicer.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family