Fireside Inn on Moonstone Beach
Blue Dolphin Inn(Cambria)
$178
Castle Inn(Cambria)(Great Value!)
$118
Cambria Landing Inn & Suites(Cambria)(Great Value!)
$169
Cambria Palms Motel(Cambria)(Great Value!)
$81
$77
Pelican Inn & Suites(Cambria)(Great Value!)
$161
El Colibri Hotel and Spa(Cambria)(Great Value!)
$144
Sea Otter Inn(Cambria)(Great Value!)
$125
$118
Oceanpoint Ranch(Cambria)(Great Value!)
$140
$129
Oceanpoint Ranch
Cambria Pines Lodge(Cambria)(Great Value!)
$267
$251
TripAdvisor
1,445 results
All reviewsacross the streetmoonstone beachhearst castlewafflesbreakfast roomhot tubwaffle makerocean fronton the rockscookiessmall patiobeautiful locationsea lionstide poolscomplimentary breakfastgas fireplaceocean view room
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 26, 2013

A complete suprise. More of a boutique feel than you would expect. Cannot beat the location. Very clean rooms and never heard anyone after 9pm. Very good onsite breakfast which isn't usually the case with most places. Would absolutely stay again.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 25, 2013

We had a very enjoyable stay at the Best Western Plus Moonstone Beach in Cambria. While we were very short on time to enjoy it, we have already decided to return soon to spend a more relaxed time there. It was a very relaxing place and the location is just great.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank lcmauk
Reviewed November 24, 2013

Best Western Plus Fireside Inn has beautiful grounds, nice rooms and is a very short walk to the beach. Watching the sun set from our patio was perfect. The bed was comfoprtable but should be of higher qualitiy for the price you pay for the room. The gas fire place in the room is a very nice touch also.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Marie S
Reviewed November 20, 2013

I was actually looking forward to sitting out on the patio of my hotel room here and enjoying the sound of the surf. The truth of the matter is that Moonstone Drive runs for about 1.5 miles, with wall-to-wall lodging choices. Not one of them have private beaches, as the lenghty boardwalks across the road are all public, being closed to parking between 10pm and 6am. The only real reason to stay on Moonstone Beach is that if one wanted to watch the high tide coming in under an approaching full moon, but this could only be about 30 minutes at most. As far as sitting on one's patio to enjoy the surf, the main highway is only 150 yards parallel to Moonstone Drive and noise from vehicles doing 55 mph pervades (but the inside of my room blocked this out). Yes, I could see and hear the surf from my patio, but passing traffic behind me ruined it all. Moving up to the main patio open to all guests was much better, but I feel sorry for those who would stay in the most expensive rooms adjacent to these communal patio areas.

Now comes the worst part. This place was decorated mainly with women in mind as there was absolutely no practicality (I happen to be a solo male traveler). The "romantic" lighting in the bedroom and sitting area was so low that I had to read maps and other information in the well lit bathroom. The sitting area with sofas was another point of foolishness. There was a nice table in the middle that was taken up halfway by two bottles of water that were for sale and a pitcher and glasses. Duh! Why have the table at all? Only a fool would buy this water when theire are better choices at the grocery store in Cambria. The soaps in the bathroom were all designer brand, with no consideration whatsoever for the needs of men. At this point, I could only assume that the large padded plaid "headboard" on the bed was there for when some poor man was dragged to this place by his very demading wife, he could at least slam his head against the wall without cracking his skull open. With all of these "decorations", I could not wait to leave this place, but I was stuck there for two nights.

I found great food and a much better atmosphere in Cambria itself, so I should have stayed there instead. However, Best Western is the only reputable chain with accomodations near Cambria and they have never gotten my reservation wrong because I always book through their own website. It was this fear of screwed up reservations and dishonest clerks at independent lodgings that kept me from booking in Cambria. My fears were probably unfounded and I would have done better staying at Motel 6 about five miles further away, since I always had to drive somewhere to get meals.

On the good side, the rooms and grounds were spotless. My room was quiet and very comfortable, and the staff was just awesome. I even ignored the massive work in the back hallways, because improvements appear to be in the works. These points save my rating from a dreaded one-star rating. I did not complain because it would have been, "What fool designed these rooms that I am stuck with?". I cannot reasonably expect the staff to undo some poor designer choices. Frilly types will love this place, but not this former biker. I need something practical.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Paul B
Justin F, General Manager at Fireside Inn on Moonstone Beach, responded to this reviewResponded November 22, 2013

Paul B.,

I appreciate the feedback from your recent stay with us. I am very glad to hear that you were pleased with the staff and your comfort of stay. As you noticed, we are always working to improve our charming hotel and property. In fact, we have some improvements scheduled that you may really enjoy. I hope we get to see you again another time.

Justin C Friend

Reviewed November 13, 2013

Best Western on Moonstone Beach Rd in Cambria, CA is a lovely location directly across the road from one of the nicest beach walks on the central coast. The rooms are large, beds comfy and breakfast is fresh and yummy. A perfect location to visit Hearst Castle, hang out in Cambria, and do some local wine tasting. I will stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family