“Love, love, love the Best Western Fireside Inn!”

Fireside Inn on Moonstone Beach
Ranked #10 of 12 Hotels in Cambria
Temple City, California
“Love, love, love the Best Western Fireside Inn!”
Reviewed January 15, 2013

Our favorite place to stay! Amazing views, friendly, helpful staff, great breakfast, and lots of things to do if the mood strikes! The amazing ocean front boardwalk is available 24/7. Our favorite place to relax and do nothing!

Room Tip: The ocean view rooms are great, but the partial ocean view rooms are our usual choice. You can alwa...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (253)
Lancaster, California
Reviewed January 14, 2013

Looking for a place with a hot tub to rest our bodies from a long coastal drive and to sleep in comfort we found the best place ever.The check in was easy and friendly, wonderful staff. The tub was clean and hot! The room was clean,and comfortable, the fireplace made it cozy and the view was beautiful. Breakfast was filling and pleasing. The price was exceptional and over all we where jazzed with this place. Would I recommend this place or come back - for sure! It is a great place, especially if you want a romantic get away this is the place to come.

Room Tip: Some of the rooms come with a patio and some face the ocean, what a view!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank ida r
Reviewed January 14, 2013 via mobile

We were looking for a hotel late at night and we stopped here to check it out it ended up being the best hotel of the weekend. There was a fire place in our room and a jacuzzi which we wanted and continental breakfasts. We didn't see the view at night but in the morning the beach was right there we would go walk. It was a good price and the staff was amazing.

• Stayed February 2012
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed January 14, 2013

We are a family of two adults and two teenage boys and we stayed just the one night at the Fireside Inn on the way back to LA. Room was a very good size with two queen beds and we were able to organize a fold out bed so the boys could spread out. Decor was nice and the beds very comfortable. We did have a gas fireplace in the corner, wasn't cold enough to start up on that particular night however I can imagine it would give a lovely cosy ambience when used. The breakfast room is fairly small but manageable and the complimentary breakfast was a continental style which we found to be of good variety and more than adequate to start the day. Only a few minutes drive to Cambria and a wide variety of family friendly eateries etc. We were nicely surprised with the location being across the street from the beach and would definitely stay here again when next in the area.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
San Clemente, California, USA
Reviewed January 11, 2013

Location! Location! Location! This hotel is located in front of the beach. This place is a gem! They offer a fantastic continental breakfast (eggs, sausages, waffles, bagels, etc). You definitely get your money's worth. The staff were super friendly. Rooms were welcoming! I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

3 Thank dafilpsyd
Palo Alto,CA
Reviewed January 10, 2013

How could I forget were I made reservations for one night as we meandered up the coast from a stay with friends in Monticieto over the New Year. I called several hotels on Moonstone Beach Rd. including the Best Western. Justin was very patient, helpful and understanding when I called. Turns out my reservation wasn't at the Best Western but when I did finally find the hotel I had made reservations I cancelled there and got back with Justin. A room was available that fit our needs. I was happy I made the change. We got to the hotel early coming from Paso Robles and stopped by hoping for an early check in. Kate at the front desk was helpful and happy to check with housekeeping. Our room was ready so we unloaded our bags and settled in. We had a small outdoor patio area facing the ocean and enjoyed some time in the sun before it got too cold. Our room was clean, comfortable and quiet. Kate was also helpful providing tips on the best time to get to The Sea Chest restaurant a half mile+ down the. Go early or 7-7:30. The breakfast provided in the morning was generous and varied including scrambled eggs, sausage, waffles, cereals, juice, yogurt and very tasty breakfast breads and pastries. The breakfast room was roomy and comfortable. The gal at check out(sorry I don't remember her name) was also happy and smiling wishing us a Happy New Year and a safe drive. Now that we are both retired we'll be taking more trips to the mid coast region and we will definitely be booking a room at this Best Western Fireside Inn. We'll be back!!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Coronado, California
Reviewed January 6, 2013

My name is Donna and I love going to the Central Coast, especially Cambira! For Christmas 2012 I stayed at the Best Western Plus Fireside Inn. I was treated kind and friendly service, from the front desk to the house keeping staff. My room was better than I expected, and I was able to take my cocker spaniel Maddie! The room was comfortable, clean and pleasant with a view of the Ocean which is right across the street. Every morning breakfast was offered, which included everything from pastries, yogurt, eggs and sausage and fruit, any beverage I wanted, and as much as I wanted very delicious! After settling in, I went to the other hotels I considered, some of which were much more expensive, and so...........glad I made the right choice for amenities and price. Great Value. I will stay here from now on. No need to search the internet for a better place. There is none.

Donna Richards

Room Tip: Unobstructed breath taking Views from the ocean view rooms beach is across the street
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family