“Very good find for family”

Fireside Inn on Moonstone Beach
Ranked #9 of 12 Hotels in Cambria
Brisbane, Australia
“Very good find for family”
Reviewed January 14, 2013

We are a family of two adults and two teenage boys and we stayed just the one night at the Fireside Inn on the way back to LA. Room was a very good size with two queen beds and we were able to organize a fold out bed so the boys could spread out. Decor was nice and the beds very comfortable. We did have a gas fireplace in the corner, wasn't cold enough to start up on that particular night however I can imagine it would give a lovely cosy ambience when used. The breakfast room is fairly small but manageable and the complimentary breakfast was a continental style which we found to be of good variety and more than adequate to start the day. Only a few minutes drive to Cambria and a wide variety of family friendly eateries etc. We were nicely surprised with the location being across the street from the beach and would definitely stay here again when next in the area.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (254)
San Clemente, California, USA
Reviewed January 11, 2013

Location! Location! Location! This hotel is located in front of the beach. This place is a gem! They offer a fantastic continental breakfast (eggs, sausages, waffles, bagels, etc). You definitely get your money's worth. The staff were super friendly. Rooms were welcoming! I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

3 Thank dafilpsyd
Palo Alto,CA
Reviewed January 10, 2013

How could I forget were I made reservations for one night as we meandered up the coast from a stay with friends in Monticieto over the New Year. I called several hotels on Moonstone Beach Rd. including the Best Western. Justin was very patient, helpful and understanding when I called. Turns out my reservation wasn't at the Best Western but when I did finally find the hotel I had made reservations I cancelled there and got back with Justin. A room was available that fit our needs. I was happy I made the change. We got to the hotel early coming from Paso Robles and stopped by hoping for an early check in. Kate at the front desk was helpful and happy to check with housekeeping. Our room was ready so we unloaded our bags and settled in. We had a small outdoor patio area facing the ocean and enjoyed some time in the sun before it got too cold. Our room was clean, comfortable and quiet. Kate was also helpful providing tips on the best time to get to The Sea Chest restaurant a half mile+ down the. Go early or 7-7:30. The breakfast provided in the morning was generous and varied including scrambled eggs, sausage, waffles, cereals, juice, yogurt and very tasty breakfast breads and pastries. The breakfast room was roomy and comfortable. The gal at check out(sorry I don't remember her name) was also happy and smiling wishing us a Happy New Year and a safe drive. Now that we are both retired we'll be taking more trips to the mid coast region and we will definitely be booking a room at this Best Western Fireside Inn. We'll be back!!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Coronado, California
Reviewed January 6, 2013

My name is Donna and I love going to the Central Coast, especially Cambira! For Christmas 2012 I stayed at the Best Western Plus Fireside Inn. I was treated kind and friendly service, from the front desk to the house keeping staff. My room was better than I expected, and I was able to take my cocker spaniel Maddie! The room was comfortable, clean and pleasant with a view of the Ocean which is right across the street. Every morning breakfast was offered, which included everything from pastries, yogurt, eggs and sausage and fruit, any beverage I wanted, and as much as I wanted very delicious! After settling in, I went to the other hotels I considered, some of which were much more expensive, and so...........glad I made the right choice for amenities and price. Great Value. I will stay here from now on. No need to search the internet for a better place. There is none.

Donna Richards

Room Tip: Unobstructed breath taking Views from the ocean view rooms beach is across the street
Roseburg, Oregon
Reviewed January 5, 2013

Everything was perfect. The bathroom amenities were exceptional. The bed was extremely comfortable with very nice pillows & plenty of them. The decor was very cozy & warm. The fireplace went on with a click of the switch. An easy use television (large flat screen). The room was spacious yet comfy. The breakfast was excellent, especially the fresh baked waffles.
We want to come visit the area again just for the chance to stay here again. The staff recommended an outstanding dinner house. I would recommend this place over any I've ever stayed before. Thank you so much to the staff & management. Llouise & Frank Zanotto

1 Thank FrankZ_13
San Diego, California
Reviewed January 5, 2013

First, I thought this place was too expensive for what we used it for - a stopover on our way home from Lake Tahoe. It was New Year's Eve, so maybe that contributed to the rate, although I didn't necessarily feel like Cambria was a big NYE celebration location. I apparently misread the description. I made the reservation directly on the BW website, and understood the rooms (all of them) to have fireplaces and jacuzzi tubs. Ours had neither. Nor did it have a microwave, which we'd become accustomed to during our trip. We watched our movie on their big screen TV sans popcorn. It did have a small - very small - refrigerator. The description also said something about patios, but ours did not have one. The room was very large with nice bedding and linens and updated artwork. It appeared to have been renovated rather recently. Although I probably wouldn't be willing to pay the rate we did for a room with no special amenities (fireplace, etc.), I would not hesitate to stay here again for a couple's weekend or family vacation. The location with the beach and park across the street were lovely.

Room Tip: Make your reservation by phone, rather than online. Ask if there is a fireplace or jetted tub in th...
Studio City, California
Reviewed January 4, 2013

We were heading home down from Napa to Los Angeles and stopped in Cambria for a half way stop since we had our two dogs with us. Fireside Inn charges a nominal fee for pets. Since I have never traveled with my dogs (2 Bernese Mountain Dogs) before I was a little skeptical since I have a cootie issue and use to very nice resorts. I was pleasantly surprised at how clean and beautiful the Fireside was. The staff was super friendly and check-in was quick. The room was very comfortable with a fireplace, large flat-screen etc. Very, very clean. They also serve a full breakfast in the morning with eggs, waffles, juice etc.
The Fireside is right across from the beach with a wonderful boardwalk. It was great listening to the waves and smelling the sea air.
On top of it the rate was less than a 1/3 of what we are use to paying for a room!
Great staff, great amenities, great location, great price!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple