“Best Food in Cambria”

Ranked #1 of 47 Restaurants in Cambria
Cuisines: International
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Wine Tasting Room by Day & Restaurant by Night! I think one of the best ways to get the full experience of Madeline's is to visit our open daily wine tasting room where you can try some of the best boutique wines that the central coast has to offer and then finish off your custom wine tasting with dinner in our full service dining room! We thank you for spending a few moments on our website and hope you enjoy all that the central coast has to offer. See you soon! David - Chef/Owner
Palo Alto, CA
“Best Food in Cambria”
Reviewed July 22, 2014

We have been to Cambria 6 or 7 times, but this was the first time we tried Madeline's, and by far we thought this was the best meal we had ever had in Cambria. The duck with a dried cherry and brandy reduction with scalloped potatoes, was sublime. The rack of lamb in a mustard glaze was also excellent. My 20 year old son, who normally does not like lamb, loved the lamb en croute appetizer so much that he asked if we could go to Madeline's again the next night, and he was still talking about it a couple of days later. We also loved the desserts:the chocolate truffle mousse cake was flavorful and moist and we all agreed that the blood orange sorbet was about the most wonderfully intensely flavored sorbet we had ever had.
The service was also excellent: attentive without being hovering. The waiter had very appropriate recommendations for a glass of wine for each of our meals. The atmosphere was also nice: small and intimate, quiet enough that we could converse easily. We will without a doubt make a reservation at Madeline's the next time we visit Cambria.

3 Thank PaloAltoTraveler27

“Quaint Elegance!”
Reviewed July 19, 2014

We were celebrating our 31st wedding anniversary. Started off sitting out in front on the patio sipping our wine and enjoying the cool evening breeze. Dinner was amazing and the dessert was complementary! This is one of our favorite places to celebrate special occasions!

1 Thank CQueenJ1
River Vale, NJ
“Exceptional”
Reviewed July 18, 2014

Our dinner here was top notch. The service was impeccable and the food was unbelievable. My husband had the filet and crab cake. Both were cooked to perfection.

Visited July 2014
3 Thank KB303
Los Angeles, California
“ok”
Reviewed July 13, 2014

Bad start. Reserved a specific table the day before. It was taken with many other tables available when we arrived. Worse, the maitre d’ just lies. Told 3 different stories about why our table was gone. We would have left if we knew where to go.

I am not a fan of Central Coast wines. We had a half off coupon on the wine so in a Magellinish sort of way I ordered a , 2007Phantom Rivers Cab on the theory that only a pretty good Cab would last for 7 years. Amazingly, it was very good., especially for the $25 it cost. My wife’s sea scallops were perfectly cooked and delicious. I was not impressed by the sauce but my wife liked it. I had the featured mushroom soup. It was very thin for my taste but very good. Could have used more mushrooms. My Long Island duckling was perfect. I ordered the cherry sauce on the side and was glad I did. I hated the cherry sauce. For me this place could improve itself greatly by getting a good saucier. My wife's, special local sea bass was incredibly good. It tasted like it was caught 15 minutes ago. It was thick flaky and delicious. Came with Japanese bread crumbs, beats me why they are Japanese. Without a word at any time they comped us on dessert. I would have given 4 stars but for the unprofessional seating and the sauces. Still a very good restaurant 200 miles from anywhere. Try it. Total cost $120 with 20% tip. The service was good.

1 Thank anubis10
Goodlettsville, Tennessee
“absolutely delightful !”
Reviewed July 9, 2014

as we travel around, my sweetheart and I, being diverse in our culinary tastes, its sometimes tricky to find something we both can drool over. we certainly found it at madeline's. I thoroughly enjoyed the madeline salad with stuffed beets, sweetie had the spinach bacon salad and some kind of pork chop with "a brussel sprout" that he devoured. I also had the madeline vegan/polenta thing that made my taste buds dance with delight. we love good food, not that I d call us foodies really, we just like to eat... and my diet consists of mainly salads when I m away from home, so its truly delightful to happen upon a vegetarian AND gluten free meal that sparks my tastebuds and makes me do the happy dance, which all good food should do. if we were winers I m sure we d be delighted in that arena as well, but alas we do not imbibe - but it sure looked like thee place to go if youre into that sort of thing. a very satisfying meal. I don't think you could wrong at this place, enjoy !

1 Thank oh-happy-rain