“Would go back in a heartbeat”

Madeline's Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 47 Restaurants in Cambria
Cuisines: American, French, Wine Bar, International
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Wine Tasting Room by Day & Restaurant by Night! I think one of the best ways to get the full experience of Madeline's is to visit our open daily wine tasting room where you can try some of the best boutique wines that the central coast has to offer and then finish off your custom wine tasting with dinner in our full service dining room! We thank you for spending a few moments on our website and hope you enjoy all that the central coast has to offer. See you soon! David - Chef/Owner
St. Paul, MN
“Would go back in a heartbeat”
Reviewed February 4, 2014 via mobile

Ditto to the other reviews. Excellent service. We ordered the tasting menu with wine pairings, 5 courses, and loved each morsel. Superb wine choices. Plenty of food per course. Small, intimate with easy street parking. Mushroom soup splendid.

Visited February 2014
2 Thank ilovetotravel63

Grover Beach, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Nice Experience”
Reviewed February 3, 2014

My wife and I stopped in on Sunday evening and enjoyed a delightful dinner. The food was comforting and flavorful and the atmosphere very intimate. A nice surprise to come out of the cold and find such warmth. Would definitely do this again.

• Visited February 2014
Santa Barbara, CA
“Good service, nice ambiance”
Reviewed February 3, 2014

We have eaten at this restaurant the last 3 times we have come to Cambria, so obviously it is worth going back to. The dishes are quite large so it works to have 2 entrees. I had the soup of the day, corn, and it was delicious. I opted for the ravioli appetizer and while the filling was very good, the pasta was way overcooked. However, the Chef (who is also the owner) was on the floor and noticed my "dissected" ravioli and enquired what was wrong. He immediately offered me another dish, which I declined, and then insisted on taking it off our bill.
My husband's shrimp pasta dish was cooked to profection and again, a large portion. Well worth the price. I found the wine list to be well represented for a small restaurant and the prices fair. Service was attentive without being annoying and the tempo was perfect.
Strongly suggest making a reservation. We will be back.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank CAKath2
California
“Lovely Dinner for two”
Reviewed February 2, 2014

White wine; Rack of Lamb; Wild Boar (very tender and mild) wine everything was just perfect. The portions are huge and worth every penny.

Visited January 2014
Mattapoisett, Massachusetts
“Great Meal in a special place”
Reviewed February 1, 2014

I found the restaurant by accident during a web search for a place to stay. I made a reservation for the evening and it was confirmed and we went to the restaurant. The building is quaint and fits the area. Parking is on the street and easy to find. The restaurant is a wine tasting place with regional wines. the table are set up for privacy and are nice. The owners took the time to greet and seat us. The waitress was knowledgable and the service perfect. The best was the food. The appetizer, salad and enter was most perfect. I received an great amount of food. Actually to much as I could not finish the great testing food. From a culinary point of view it was a perfect meal and I enjoyed watching the operation and the great taste of each mouthful of food. Thank you for the great experience. We will return someday.

• Visited January 2014