“Sophisticated wine & food”

Madeline's Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 47 Restaurants in Cambria
Cuisines: International
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Wine Tasting Room by Day & Restaurant by Night! I think one of the best ways to get the full experience of Madeline's is to visit our open daily wine tasting room where you can try some of the best boutique wines that the central coast has to offer and then finish off your custom wine tasting with dinner in our full service dining room! We thank you for spending a few moments on our website and hope you enjoy all that the central coast has to offer. See you soon! David - Chef/Owner
Storrington
“Sophisticated wine & food”
Reviewed May 6, 2013 via mobile

Once again it's the people that make any place special to wine and dine.
Cody, the general manager quickly appraised our needs last night when we had a wine tasting. We went away with a part used bottle of Opolo Mountain Zinfandel which we finished off on our hotel balcony before returning to Madeline's for dinner this evening. Our main courses were excellent, mine, the fresh caught fish of the day (pacific cod) was perfectly cooked whilst my wife's polenta with fresh vegetables hit the spot. The wine recommended was the local Paso Robles - Marsanne/Viognier, Treana 2010 which exactly matched our meals.
Travelling around the west coast it has become a personal challenge to search out the best food & wine to represent real value for top quality at a fair price.
Madeline's hansomely achieved our objectives on both Counts, a most memorable meal.

Visited May 2013

San Diego, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best meal in a very long time”
Reviewed May 5, 2013

My husband and I spent two nights in the Cambria area and our hotel recommended Madeline's. What a find. This is the best meal I have had in a very long time. It took us back to a time when dining out was a pleasure with a quiet atmosphere, excellent service and superb food. I had the double cut pork chop and my husband had the escarole. Great salads and we had to have the lime pie. I only wish I lived closer.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank Karen S
michigan
“Very Good”
Reviewed May 5, 2013

We found the service and the food at Madeline's to be wonderful. I was a bit reluctant due to some of the reviews, but found everything to be wonderful. The restaurant has an intimate atmosphere (despite being right next to other diners), the service was excellent, and the food was well-presented. We had a cod special which was perfect.

• Visited May 2013
Santa Ana, California
“we enjoyed Madeline's”
Reviewed April 28, 2013

The food was delicious with lots of different choices. Service was exceptional. There were 12 of us, which I'm sure was not easy to manage, but the waiter did a fantastic job, even giving each couple separate checks. And there were no mistakes!!

Visited April 2013
Cambria, CA
“Birthday Dinner”
Reviewed April 25, 2013

We live in Cambria and like to shop local. This was our first trip to Madelines since we don't drink wine because of medications and health issues. I did want to have a special dinner for my wife's birthday. Madeline's did not disappoint us. We had a wonderful window table at the front of the restaurant. The waiters we very friendly and helpful. My wife uses a rollator so the table and seating were perfect. They let us split a Caesar Salad. She passed on the anchovy, and I enjoyed mine. She had a wonderful stuffed chicken breast that was beautifully presented with fresh local asparagus and carrots. I had the Morro Bay Black Cod with a crab topping, local veggies too. My wife had a wonderful chocolate thing that was big and floating on a sea of whipped cream laced with chocolate sauce. They prepared Bananas Foster table side and flambed before pouring on generous scoop of vanilla ice cream. Our bill was about $85 and I did not think that was bad based on the quality of the food and the excellent service. We won't go there every Friday night but I think it is a nice place for a special dinner.

• Visited April 2013