“Don't bother if you need to eat and get going in under 2 hours”

JBJ's Roundup Pizza & Grub
Ranked #28 of 47 Restaurants in Cambria
Cuisines: Pizza
Good for: Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Gilroy, CA
“Don't bother if you need to eat and get going in under 2 hours”
Reviewed December 31, 2009

I understand that we went in there a little blind from driving. We had just driven down Hwy 1 from the Monterey area and were hungry. We also let parking be a factor as there were no parking spots easy to get to until we got down to their end of town, But it was one of the worse eating experiences we have had in a long time. We walked in and they walked us to a table and handed us menus right away. A few minutes later a nice woman (mid-20's?) asked us whaat we wanted to drink and brought them to us fairly quickly and plesantly. A few minutes later I stopped her and asked her a question about the kids meals. She said I would have to ask the waitress & that she was just helping by getting drinks for customers. She was the only pleasant one though. I looked around the place and noticed a lot of people looking around the same way we were. Searching for some sort of food to appear. A couple who were already sitting when we got their pizza and eat it pretty hungrily. They finished and more people sat down and we still didn't get our food. BTW, we did not order pizza thinking that we would have to wait a long time for pizza and our 9 yr old was "starving". I got a hamburger as did my son and hubby got a meatball sandwich. We had sat for a good hour before our food was put in front of us. The hamburger was probably frozen from CostCo and my hubbys meatballs were covered in a non-descript tomato sauce (no flavor) & they do not have a kids hamburger! Our bill was over $24 and the 2 drinks @ $2 a piece was part of that bill. No beer, no extras, just 2 hamburgers with under cooked fries and a sandwich roll with 4 small meatballs, tomato sauce and cheese with a mini bag of plain chips. That was it! I am sorry but I found myself feeling very taken by the whole thing. I have eaten at many different places from fast food to fine dining and that was way too much for the food and service given there. Oh & I saw what they are passing off as a pastrami sandwich. A couple of slices of pastrami on bread with a mini bag of chips. Not worth the stop! Don't do it! Keep your money. We hardly ever eat at McDonalds any more but we would have been better off waiting until we got down the road a little and eaten there. We would have gotten more for our money and the same feeling afterwards, if you know what I mean. ;>(~

Oxnard
“AWFUL service”
Reviewed July 30, 2009

the service was awful. they charged you for every little thing. sodas & ice tea came w/ only one free refill. when i wanted to send my sandwich back, they wanted to charge me for TWO!! I cancelled my sandwich & got the food we finally got to go. I refused to be at a place w/ such poor customer service!!

1 Thank Whitegirl1966
Los Angeles, California
“Great food!”
Reviewed May 5, 2009

We went to Cambria for our anniversary, got there late Saturday night. After 5 hour drive from South Bay, we were tired and hungry. I spotted JBJ right off the village and the Pizza sign attracted my husband, and I could do with a cold one myself. We order the house special pizza, beef taco and beer. Everything tasted really good. I especially love the taco, the sauce, meat and tortilla are all good. With all the other more sophicated restaurants in the area, JBJ is a more down to earth, grab a bit and be happy place. The price is really reasonable (except for the sald bar which looks a little sad at the end of the day). The staff were all very friendly. I would definitely go back when I am back in Cambria again.

Lake Forest, Ca.
“Very good thick crust pizza”
Reviewed April 12, 2009

I know you don't go to cambria for pizza, but if you are taking a break from the fine dinning of the Sow's Ear or Moonstone Beach Bar and Grill you can't go wrong with this pizza. I ordered take out and the pizza was ready in 15 minutes. The restaurant itself is fairly small, but they do have a couple video games and a tv. The staff seemed friendly.

Los Angeles
“Consistently good pizza”
Reviewed October 24, 2008

Eating in is not the most fun you'll ever have, but the JBJ pizza is very good and reasonably priced. They deliver locally to San Simeon and Cambria, so that's a plus.
I've had better pizza, but given the area and lack or other acceptable choices, JBJ stands out.
The crust is really good, and the ingredients are, too.
But eating in forces you to deal with the lack of enthusiastic and personable servers. Most of them seem to be customer-service challenged. A little personality and sunshine could do wonders for their staff.