Indigo Moon
Ranked #5 of 48 Restaurants in Cambria
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings
Reviewed August 31, 2014

Trout was thin, dry, fishy tasting and old. Partner had fish & chips. French fries were not fresh, previously frozen, limp. Would not go back. We were there August 31, 2014. When the waitress asked how everything was, and we told her about the fish, she just smiled, said thank you and walked away.

Reviewed August 23, 2014

Nice atmosphere and menu. However, the waitress was not able to describe the menu items, our entrees arrived after an hour wait with one totally incorrect. When we got the bill, the item was still on it. One out of four meals, the hamburger, was very good. The others were mediocre. Maybe it was a bad night, but the customer service was nonexistent.

3  Thank Howard F
Reviewed August 18, 2014

We ate here with a large group for a 70th birthday celebration. We had a group of 20 and we had a nice room for our meal. It had large open air windows to the patio and while the room was not closed off, it felt private. The service was very good and the price was reasonable. Some folks had gone wine tasting that day so we brought our own wine and there was a $15 dollar corkage fee.

The goat cheese salad was very good and I had the double pork chop which was tasty. I tried the flat iron steak which was good. Some folks had the salmon which they said was a little dry. The risotto was disappointing, as were a couple of the kids meals.

All in all a good dining experience, nice atmosphere and a reasonable price.

1  Thank Adam R
Reviewed August 17, 2014

Not the meal of my life, but the place did not disappoint. Hidden in a dark and lugubrious backstreet, very difficult to find. Once in, it is nicely decorated, as sitting on a italian or Spanish town square. I liked that idea.

The server did well. The wine, Beckmann Syrah, was a really good, but way too expensive ($10 a glass). But the alcohol free cocktails was reasonably priced at $3.

The tapenade was really good and a huge portion to share, with lots of Brie. The steelhead was nothing out of the ordinary, but well prepared and presented. The flat iron steak was presented with chimichurri, and was a little spicy. I really liked it.

But considering that we spend more than $40 per person, I'd expected a little better. If they prices had been lower I might have given it 5 stars.

Reviewed August 16, 2014

We were looking for a late lunch after 3:00 (what can I say, we were on vacation) and it was most difficult to find a decent restaurant open (but lots of fast food available). A local person recommended the Indigo Moon Cafe so we tried it. It was horrible. It had a bad smell on the covered patio as well. With a very limited menu after 3:00 we didn't have much choice. Athough the soup was acceptable (tomatoe basil) the burger ($15), ceasar salad ($9) and pear salad ($10) was not good. Dressings were at best from a bottle. My daughters crab cakes lacked taste at $12. You will most likely have very young teenagers serving the food. I have nothing against teenagers (as I have two myself) but they need to be trained to be someone knowledgable about the food and have the skill to serve.

2  Thank Shawna B