“Dinner with friends - outstanding time at Indigo Moon”
Review of Indigo Moon

Indigo Moon
Ranked #4 of 48 Restaurants in Cambria
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed May 3, 2013

My husband and I ate here several nights ago with three other couples. The service was outstanding and everyone was raving about their food. I had the steak with a chimichurra sauce on top, and it was delicious. Plenty of food too. (They boxed up what I couldn't finish and I had a wonderful lunch the next day.) I had a taste of my husband's lobster bisque. Delicious.

When with a large group (as we were that night), it's often cumbersome for the wait staff to deal with dividing up the check, etc. Our waitress that evening (Jenn) was polite and accommodating, even re-tallied the totals by couple so we could pay that way (instead of as a group).

From the moment we sat down at our table - until we said our goodbyes at the door - our evening at Indigo Moon was awesome.

Reviewed April 25, 2013 via mobile

Stumbled upon this place. The calamari steak was creative and delicious. Salads were interesting and tasty. We would definitely return.

Reviewed April 22, 2013

Having enjoyed a casual lunch there, we were looking forward to dinner. The rooms is okay and the wait staff friendly and eager to please. I ordered a tapenade with figs to start. What can anyone do to hurt a simple dish like that? Pleanty, it turns out. It would be vulgar for me to say what it looked like on the plate, but it was horrifying to behold. I think it is just possible that some, if not all, of the ingredients were put in a blender. There's no other explanation for that runny brown awful tasting goo on the plate. Then came the comfort food - mac & cheese. A twelve year-old could fix mac & cheese that would taste better than this did. Pasta with about a half-pound of butter and about the same amount of cheese. Another dish that LOOKED awful upon presentation, but tasted worse. I'm still shaking my head at how someone could ruin mac & cheese. The wait staff remained unfailingly pleasant and cheerful, even as they removed plate after plate of uneaten food. A couple of years ago, I had a less than satisfactory meal at Vincente in Brentwood. I uttered not a word of complaint, because every kitchen can have an off night, and I have had many, many wonderful meals at Vincente. The wait staff noticed that I had not eaten, and within a minute, Maureen Vicente was table side, asking what was wrong, offering to replace the meal, and finally taking the entree off the bill (which I DID NOT ask her to do). That's a restaurant whose owner wants to be told if someone is not pleased, even if the patron didn't complain. Never again, Indigo Moon.

Reviewed April 19, 2013

Last year our lunch at the Indigo Moon was so tasty that we were looking forward to our dinner there. Once again the wait staff could not have been more pleasant. From there on disaster. Other than the salad, the only explanation is that it must have been the chef's night off.

I am sorry to say this because I was brought up not to be negative. The fig and olive appetizer sounded delicious, but the heavy olive accent made both of us leave most of it to be returned to the kitchen. Then came the entrees and once again the same heavy hand. Even something simple like macaroni with cheese was drowned in butter and made us wonder if any cheese was left in the kitchen, there was so much of it atop the macaroni. The heavy hand on the sauce of the fish made it inedible, and that's saying something because friends joke that I Mikey will eat anything.
We left relieved that we had not ordered dessert.
I apologize for this review because both the waitress and the person who took our reservation was delightful. In a bad economy I hate to think of anyone out of a job, but the chef that night should not give up his day job.

Reviewed April 3, 2013

We have had lunch/brunch here several times. The food is always very good. Try the Lobster Omelet for brunch. Local wines mostly. Some are very good. The cheese selection is wonderful. We sit outside at the sidewalk to watch the people and be with our dog.