“Rockin' Calamari....but so-so Halibut”
Review of Indigo Moon

Indigo Moon
Ranked #4 of 48 Restaurants in Cambria
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic
Reviewed December 2, 2012

What a cute little restaurant, great waitstaff, interesting menu, and perfect location.
What I liked was the fact that I had gone on tripadvisor and chowhound and knew that the calamari had gotten terrific reviews. They were spot on! My husband ordered the special of the night which was the halibut with a mustard cilantro sauce on top. (Maybe 2 tablespoons of sauce?) Anyway, it was dry and overcooked.....too bad for $26! I hope it was just an off night for the chef. Why didn't we complain? I don't know, we had just gotten to town and really hadn't settled in. Anyway, I'd give it another try, and see how they are preparing the calamari then!

Reviewed November 25, 2012

Every time we go to Cambria we eat at Indigo Moon and we LOVE their food and ambiance. We always eat on the back patio under the trees. The food is locally sourced and always fresh. I would recommend this place if you love, healthy, fresh and tasty food.

Reviewed November 17, 2012

I had blue crab cakes and flavored iced tea. The crab cakes were a bit of a disappointment, not as flavorful as I would have liked. They were in a very tangy sauce that may have overpowered the taste. The tea was great! My husband had a creative sandwich and potato salad, both of which he really liked. Our server was very attentive and helpful. We both would return.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

My wife and I read some good reviews on this place so we thought we would check it out after a day of sightseeing at Hearst Castle. First of all, the town of Cambria is very cute and has lots of fun little shops to check out. We were there close to Halloween and the entire town was filled with "scarecrows," hundreds of very cool dummies for their big celebration. There are a lot of talented people in this town, which leads me to my review of this great little restaurant. We enjoyed a bottle of Honig Sauv. Blanc, cauliflower cheddar soup, fig/olive tapanade, goat cheese leek tart, and to polish it all off, a chocolate/orange pot de creme. If that doesn't get your mouth watering, you've got serious issues. The total for all of that was 44 bucks, so I think their prices are very reasonable. All of the items we ordered were just delicious, very fresh, and served promptly and with a beautiful smile. They do have a very nice back patio with large trees and flowers, and they had nice jazz playing over the system which was very relaxing. They have an excellent selection of wine, lots of great menu items, and very friendly and helpful staff. The restaurant itself is also very nicely decorated and there are lots of fun things to look at while you're dining or hanging out. I would definitely recommend Indigo Moon and would eat there again in a heartbeat. Very good food, fair prices, and a quiet and cool little town.

Reviewed November 4, 2012

I was very excited to get a reservation when we were in Cambria unexpectedly one day. The menu looked very good and it had been highly recommended, but there was just not very good follow thru. I ordered the swordfish which was okay, but not great.The vegi's that came with it were cooked very nicely however.
My husband ordered the steak and mashed potatoes. Although it was early and there weren't very many other guests, his food came tepid at best. They did take it back and brought it back hot, however I was then left eating my meal by myself so mine wouldn't be cold. We ordered the basket of bread w/ oilsfor which they charged $3.50 for a basket of nice enough bread, olive oil, butter and basalmic vinegar. This was not special and would come with the meal at most other very nice restaurants.
The setting is lovely. It was nice to sit out in patio with heaters, but the food was very disappointing and pricey for what was delivered.