“Great tri tip BBQ sandwich!”
Review of Main Street Grill

Main Street Grill
Ranked #8 of 48 Restaurants in Cambria
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Takeout
Reviewed May 21, 2014

This place specializes in barbeque and many (including me) order the trip tip sandwich. It's a convenient place to go as you order first, then pick up your order. It's also pretty large and has a patio so there was no problem ordering and eating at a busy time (Sat evening).

Reviewed May 13, 2014

I usually stop here for lunch when in Cambria. It's very family friendly, very causal, spacious and cool decor. There is outdoor seating as well. The food is great. I love the veggie/soy burger. It tastes like a burger but better. They load it up with avocado and sprouts.
The grill is always going and the food is great. Their cesar salad is top notch. You can get a side or large. All their salads are great.
BBQ is great, huge onion rings and fries.
Love it.

Reviewed May 13, 2014

They use to have a huge outdoor grill but several years ago moved it inside. We miss the aroma from that grill but the quality/taste of the food hasn't changed. We REALLY like their barbecued meat...especially their ribs! The onion rings are to die for...as well as the malts!

Reviewed April 28, 2014

On our trip down Hwy 1 we turned left at Cambria to head inland to Paso Robles. Cambria is the coolest little town. We could have spend hours walking around the town, but we only had time to stop for lunch. We were hungry and didn't have time to try and search around so we just chose the first place we saw. This place was it. The food was good, and the menu seemed very similar to the Dog House that we ate at a few days earlier in Fresno. It turns out that they are the same parent company... It just seems very strange that two restaurants that we picked at random on opposite sides of the state are the same company. Especially when we thought both were just small individually owned restaurants. Weird! Either way the food was great and reasonably priced!

Reviewed April 27, 2014

My husband and I have eaten here before and on another occasion we have brought friends up here. Main Street Grill is cash only. It is self-serve where you pick up your own food when your number is called. The portions are a decent sized (side of fries is good for two while the basket of fries is fine for four). The prices are fair for a hot meal especially considering this is Cambria. I had three barbecue beef ribs for $14. Sides are ok. In the past, I have just gotten a plastic cup and drank water with my meal (which I got out of the soda fountain and was traditionally free). But because of the drought, Cambria is forced to take drastic measures for water conservation. I had to buy bottled water for 25 cents (reasonable) and ask for my plastic cup so I could fill it with ice. We still had access to the restroom, but to wash our hands only. Restroom facilities were now outside via a "honey hut" (porta-potty). We Californians can learn from this by taking water conservation more seriously.