“There are better places in town”
Review of Main Street Grill

Main Street Grill
Ranked #10 of 47 Restaurants in Cambria
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Takeout
san diego, ca
“There are better places in town”
Reviewed September 7, 2011

Want to feel like the owner is only interested in making bank? Then this is the place for you! This place has found a way to keep expenses down to maximize their profit margins. Examples, don't season the meat with spices, don't hire waiters, have your guest bus their table, and serve themselves, don't print menus post it on the wall. Don't accept credit or debit cards (the merchant doesn't want to pay the standard 3-5% service charge) for the service. Get my point? If the owner has to pay for it....don't offer it to your guest because you can't recover the cost.

I can cook so I know when something is over cooked, dry or not seasoned. This place cooks in quantity so their food dries out, and looses flavor.

Save yourself from being disappointed in being lured by the smoke and aroma. Eat somewhere else in town.

1 Thank acoachcool

• Turkish first
Atascadero, California
“Laid back and great food!”
Reviewed August 23, 2011

I have been here so many times and have always had a wonderful experience! Food portions are awesome and atmosphere is fun. They have 3 plasma TVs with the option to sit indoor or outdoor. My personal favorite thing to order is the ABC burger with a basket of fries to share. Fish and Chips are great as well as "The Pig!" they have beer and great music. You must come check out this place if you're in the area!

Mountain View, CA
“Plenty of food”
Reviewed August 8, 2011

Great spot for the family. Lots of food to choose from and plenty of it.

Our only gripe was that the restaurant closed at 8:30pm on weeknights (not sure about weekends). Staff appeared ready to close up, even though there were still several people finishing their dinners.

I didn't see any evidence of a dirty restaurant, as reported in other reviews. In fact, I saw the staff take time to carefully clean while we ate.

Several large screen TVs for viewing pleasure.

• Visited July 2011
CA
“Bring Your Spare Change, Just-in-Case”
Reviewed August 4, 2011

DO NOT expect customer service.

This establishment's main goal is making a few extra pennies off of each customer.

After standing in line for 10-minutes, I get to the register and order my food. I asked for ice water and was told "we can't do ice water. But you can get bottled water for 25-cents." Okay, fine, no biggie.

I took out my credit card to pay and was told "cash only, no credit."

What?

"Cash only, but we have an ATM machine."

This establishment's concern is NOT customer service and it shows. Where is the signage posted to inform customers, BEFORE they wait in line for 10-minutes, that it's cash only?

It's not until you get to the register to order, that you see, if you look very closely, the 4"x6" beer sign that includes the words "cash only" intermixed with advertising art and lingo.

Are you kidding me?

Now, I wonder, how much this establishment makes on ATM transaction fees off the backs of their customers? And don't forget the sneaky, 25-cent bottles of water. Never again.

• Visited August 2011
Sacramento CA
“Good Food, Light on Atmosphere, Decent Price”
Reviewed July 30, 2011

We were in Cambria on business and asked at the Hotel where two tired workmen could get a decent meal. The desk suggested the Main Street Grill.

It is a order at the register, sit and wait until your number is called, then go get the food.

We had the beef ribs and the tri-tip sandwich. Both were very good, and the portions more then enough. I had enough ribs left over for lunch the next day.

As mentioned, you have to purchase water in bottles, but they only charged us .25 per bottle. They do serve beer and wine. AND, CASH ONLY.

We cleaned our own table, but it was getting close to closing time (8:30 it seems) and the staff were cleaning the others.

Good food, prices decent ($11.95 for the ribs, $8.95 for the sandwich) no reason not to go back

• Visited July 2011