“Great Hotel, great staff, great view, great Experience”

Cambria Landing Inn & Suites
Ranked #9 of 12 Hotels in Cambria
Reviewed June 28, 2013

Id never been to Cambria and found Cambria Landing Inn on the Internet. I had room 200 whata room and what a view! Lauren and Dylan and rest of staff were very accommodating. Dylan passed along two local hikes that were fantastic. One 5 miles, one 2 miles. the 2 miler tho short was incredible coastal hike. Will stay here again in room 200. What a great place. Thank you!

Mark

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Mark L
There are newer reviews for Cambria Landing Inn & Suites

Reviewed June 24, 2013

I've read horror stories and negative reviews on many travel sites, including TripAdvisor, on accounts from vacationers who would check into their reservation only to find out that their reservation doesn't exist and that they were left stranded due to no vacancies. This is terrible especially for travelers on long road trips. I think to myself, "how can this happen if you book well ahead of time and keep your email confirmations?" We were about to find out on the fateful Memorial Day weekend of 2013. When we checked with Cambria Landing Inn at 2PM, after a swing by the Moonstone Bar & Grill, to see if our room was ready, we were told by an associate that we were not scheduled to check in until Sunday, May 26. We were baffled at first. I even thought for a second that I may have booked the wrong nights. Obviously, this wasn't an option for us since we canceled our original reservation at the Sand Pebbles Inn down the street to stay two nights at the Cambria Landing Inn and made our reservations well ahead of time (April 18th). As calls were being made, I checked our email confirmation on my iPhone and sure enough, it wasn't user error (or in our case, vacationer error) and our reservation was correct. The problem is the weekend of our stay is Memorial Day weekend and literally all lodgings along Moonstone Drive were booked, minus a couple of $250+/a night rooms.

After several phone calls here and there, Jonathan the general manager talked to us and was able to find us a room at another inn, the Captain's Cove Inn. Jonathan actually escorted us and spoke with David, the manager over at the Captain's Cove Inn to explain our situation. Amidst the fiasco, it turned out an assistant manager at the Cambria Landing Inn inadvertently registered our original reservation of May 25th for May 26th on the same day we made the reservation back on April 18th.

After all was said and done, Cambria Landing Inn, Pacifica Hotels (parent company) and especially Jonathan pulled through. Not only did he secure us an ocean view room at the Captain's Cove Inn fully comped, he also included a bottle of chardonnay for our check-in inconvenience, invited us to a buffet style breakfast at the Fog Catcher Inn (another Pacifica Hotels establishment, next door, which we've stayed at before) on Sunday morning and discounted our already deeply discounted rate for Sunday's stay. The person who made the reservation error actually had the decency to follow up with us on Tuesday, May 28th, to apologize for the inconvenience and also to ensure that we were taken care of.

Talk about extraordinary customer service! Extraordinary service comes with extraordinary rooms under Pacifica Hotels. The rooms have been upgraded inside and out. Talk about a complete makeover, wow! The last time we stayed here was in 2011, spring. It felt old and dilapidated. I am not going to talk about the old Cambria Landing Inn as travelers who stayed 2011 and earlier will depict the state of the Inn under its previous owner in cleverly worded reviews and photos.

Because of how well the situation was handled, we are customers for life. Our next stay at another Pacifica Hotels lodging will be in August at Half-Moon Bay Lodge up in Half Moon Bay, CA.

Room Tip: Book well ahead of schedule, especially if you plan to stay over a holiday weekend. Subscribe to Pac...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Cambria Landing was a lovely place to stay on California’s central coast. The hotel sits just across the street from the ocean in an area that has a number of other small hotels. The rooms were nicely remodeled and had fireplaces, refrigerators and microwaves. The beds were luscious with extremely comfortable mattresses and bedding. Each morning at a scheduled time, they brought a tray to the room with coffee, juice, muffins and yogurt for us to enjoy. Next door to the hotel is the Moonstone Beach Bar and Grill so you have easy access to tasty food if you don’t want to drive. This is a great hotel to use as a base for exploring the central coast. San Simeon with Hearst Castle is about six miles north, Piedras Blancas the beach where the elephant seals gather is a few miles beyond San Simeon, and Big Sur and the redwoods are about an hour and a half north.

Room Tip: I don't think there is a bad room in the place. Upstairs and front units have ocean views.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank SAS8721
Reviewed June 21, 2013

We felt very comfortable right from the start, while checking in. Helpful and friendly young man went out of his way to make us feel welcomed. Stay was great beginning to end. Comfortable beds, huge (newly upgraded) room, and a view. Great walks on the beach, and a little wine tasting right on the property and we can say we had a great day and a great stay. Wish we could have lingered a couple more days.

Room Tip: Make sure to try the wine tasting. Check out the Suites
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Laurie G
Reviewed June 20, 2013 via mobile

We booked one night, then, when we arrived and saw the location, view and room we immediately booked a second night.
Rooms/beds were clean, spacious, and pleasant. Location fantastic! Walk across the two-lane (25 mph) road to the boardwalk.
The breakfast was a little weak (Yoplait yogurt, small muffin, juice, granola bar, orange/apple), but they brought it to the room at the time we requested! Nice service!
We'd stay here again, no problem.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank Tadresch
GM_CambriaLanding, Manager at Cambria Landing Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded June 21, 2013

Dear Tadresh,

Thank you for your recent review on Trip Advisor. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed the spacious room as well as the fantastic views. At the Cambria Landing Inn, we strive to exceed all of our guests’ expectations and are proud we can continue to do so with you. We look forward to welcoming you back next time you visit the Central Coast.

Warm Regards,
The Cambria Landing Team

Reviewed June 20, 2013

All I can say is "WOW!"

I have stayed in many, many hotels (as have you, I suppose!) and the moment I plopped down on this one, I was OUT and it had nothing to do with the fact that I was tired. The sheets are crisp and cool, there's a variety of pillows on the bed (something like 6) that are all encased in the same crisp, white pillowcases, and the bed is simply magnificent. I was staying with a friend and we each had our own queen sized bed, which was a pleasant surprise instead of the usual full sized bed.

The hotel itself is completely remodeled, freshly carpeted and painted. There are 2 hot tubs (no pool) but I liked this because it's more adult friendly this way. The parking was easy and the hotel is right across the street from a boardwalk at the edge of the breaking ocean waves. The location is perfect.

And there is a fantastic restaurant (Moonstone Beach Bar and Grill) right next to hotel, allowing me to drink and NOT drive! :)

It was such a great hotel, I am planning to stay there again when I visit Hearst Castle during my nice, long, rides on my motorcycle from LA.

Room Tip: You can get ocean view, too. The view wasn't that great from my room (I was on the 1st floor wit...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Kim A
Reviewed June 14, 2013

Didn't get a chance to spend more than a short night, but the room was well kept with amenities in good condition. Had a very late (delayed) arrival but the desk manager took care to delegate my check-in to a competent and equally hospitable neighboring hotel. It's a tight community and you can feel the spirit! Definitely hope to come back to Cambria to get the full beach / San Simeon experience and chances are good that I'll stay here.

Room Tip: Partial ocean view rooms are nice, especially if you like to be lulled to sleep by the sound of surf...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends