Her Castle Homestay Bed and Breakfast Inn
$129
FogCatcher Inn(Cambria)(Great Value!)
$219
$186
Sea Otter Inn(Cambria)(Great Value!)
$207
$155
El Colibri Hotel and Spa(Cambria)(Great Value!)
$161
$152
Blue Dolphin Inn(Cambria)
$203
$169
Cambria Landing Inn & Suites(Cambria)(Great Value!)
$199
$169
Pelican Inn & Suites(Cambria)(Great Value!)
$152
$143
Official Site
Cambria Pines Lodge(Cambria)(Great Value!)
$205
$199
Oceanpoint Ranch(Cambria)(Great Value!)
$149
$137
Oceanpoint Ranch
All reviewsgreat snacksnice large bathroombed was very comfortableeleanorwinecoastanniversary
Reviewed September 24, 2012

This is a great, charming little place. The hosts are sweet and helpful. The room is very clean! Cleaner than most hotels I have stayed in. The decor is a little out-dated, but still charming. We had our own private deck, the bed was comfy and the breakfast was excellent! I would recommend this place to anyone staying in Cambria

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Carolyn H
Reviewed August 30, 2012

We just returned after two nights at Her Castle. The hosts, Eleanor and Bill could not have been more welcoming. A very long drive got us in to Cambria late and without our having had a chance to grab dinner. Eleanor immediately whipped up a huge selection of appetizers to go along with the bottle of delicious chardonnay with which she had greeted us. This was just a taste of the hospitality she and Bill extended over the next two days. The breakfasts were truly amazing. The room and the bed were among the best we've ever had at a B&B. Our private deck and the shared deck were both great. Eleanor and Bill gave us a number of good suggestions about dining and sightseeing, and even though we've been to Cambria numerous times, they pointed us in directions we had never taken before, all of which we appreciated. We've stayed at a number of places in Cambria -- we love this little seaside town -- but Her Castle ranks at the very top. We'll be sure to return.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank DavefromDavis
Reviewed August 20, 2012

This is the thank-you letter we sent to Bill and Eleanor.

My wife and I would like to that you profusely for such wonderful hospitality and companionship during our stay at Her Castle on our anniversary. There are so many, many aspects to our time with you that were so enjoyable and memorable, almost too many to count! First, there was the welcome and all you did for my wife's anniversary roses, champagne and the welcome tray. Then there was our room that had everything one could possibly imagine one might need in addition to the comfort that the room afforded us with all its amenities. We loved having the porch door open to listen to the birds and smell those glorious pine scents. Now we move to those enormous breakfasts! My goodness how brilliant and tasty they were! The "lolliberry" (sp?) pie was outrageously good. I think I had thirds!

But, above all this spoiling, it was your hospitality that made the stay. All you cared about was that we were happy. How about ecstatic! You did so much to make sure we were taken care of, had everything we needed, went to the best restaurants, knew we were going and what to do, and then to shepherd us back and forth to the Black Cat took everything over the top. When you add all this to our back-and-forth repartee and leg-pulling, it is impossible to think of anything that could possibly have made our stay even more memorable, enjoyable, fun and oh-so restful.

We cannot thank you enough save for you to know, we will be back!

With deep and genuine gratitude,

Room Tip: The one room with a King bed is the best room.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank RJDC
Reviewed August 1, 2012

This bed and breakfast is in a secluded spot with trees, flowers and birds to see from your deck. The owners took real good care of us by feeding us a lot and stocking the room with everything you need.

Room Tip: The king room has a nice view on the deck, and a good size shower.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Paula O
Reviewed July 31, 2012

On a trip up the coast last week we stayed with Eleanor and Bill and it was fantastic. The booking process was simple and they sent us a nice packet of information about things to do in the area. Little did I know how hospitable they really were. They made us so comfortable. I don't think I've ever seen a hotel that anticipates needs like they do (and I develop hotel brands and manage hotels so that's saying a lot). The beds were comfortable and our room was large and quiet with a warm fireplace and a lovely patio. I can't even list all the complimentary amenities the room was stocked with - from hand sanitizer to microwave popcorn to wine to a refrigerator. Most importantly Eleanor can cook! She completely converted my french-toast-hating boyfriend into someone who craves it (and kindly donated the recipe to me so I can make it for him). She asked about any allergies at the time of reservation and bought all kinds of special foods for me. That was really so very kind and considerate. I wasn't feeling well on the final day and, after greeting me at breakfast with a sympathetic hug, she left me a note thanking us for staying with them and extending late check-out. We would definitely stay there again and I'll be recommending it to anyone I know who travels up the coast stopping in Cambria.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple