All reviews jacuzzi tub each morning blue dolphin inn wedding cake ocean waves cookies electric fireplace seascape privacy anniversary driveway keurig moonstones highway refrigerator
Reviewed October 6, 2007

I first saw a review of the Moonstone Cottages in Sunset Magazine, and I can honestly say that our stay in the Mariner's Cottage exceded our expectations. The cottage is comfortable, and a wonderful place to unwind from the world. I highly recommend the property, and the Blue Dolphin Inn staff, which manage the cottages, are wonderful. In particular the staff were extremely helpful suggesting activities and restaurants in the area. We wanted a different experience from the "motel" by the beach properties along the Central coast and were very pleased with our experience. We hope to return again in the near future.

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank tweetiea
Reviewed February 6, 2007

We stayed in the Mariner's Cottage last year on our anniversary and are going again this year for our anniversary. It obviously made quite an impression on my husband. We have stayed at many b&bs around California and have had quite a lovely time. But this was unique since it was just you and your honey. If you're looking for a quiet getaway where you don't have to worry about socializing with others during breakfast and you want it to be totally private, this is the place for you. You're right by the beach and next door to a restaurant (Moonstone Beach Bar & Grill) that serves a wonderful breakfast. Also, The Sea Chest is just down the street. There is a fridge and coffee maker, etc. My husband and I just went to a local market in Cambria and picked up some milk and breakfast goodies (like bagels & cream cheese, fruit, and some cinnamon rolls from one of the bakeries) and that was our breakfast for the weekend. We could eat in our Pjs in the comfort of our own room. We had a fabulous time and are looking foward to going again in a few weeks!!!!

Stayed: February 2007
2  Thank tobascolover
Reviewed August 17, 2005

Moonstone Cottages is the most unique vacation spot I have ever been to. We had our own private cottage, practically on the beach. The gardens were fantastic and full of color. The rooms were designed with the best in mind. Everything was so extravagent. But most of all it was private. We had the best time.

• Stayed: March 2005
5  Thank Taunnie
Reviewed July 29, 2005

My husband and I just returned from a 5 night stay at the Moonstone Beach Cottages. We stayed in the very first one nearest the street (the Seascape) and it was just incredible. From the hardwood floors to the marble bathroom. It was furnished just so nicely and kept very clean.
The place was a little small, especially when you get your suitcases and whatever else you bring along. Definitely a "couples" place, no room for the kiddies. There are two other cottages on property, I didn't see the
inside but outside equally nice. We would definitely return.

25  Thank Nettie1954