“Excellent service”

Moonstone Beach Bar & Grill
Ranked #7 of 47 Restaurants in Cambria
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Bar
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Scenic view
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Moonstone Beach Bar & Grill offers our diners breathtaking views of the Pacific Ocean. Diners may choose to sit outside on our ocean front patio or they may sit inside where our large picturesque window allows a vast view of the ocean. We offer fresh seafood, steaks, and pasta. Our specialties include our creamy clam chowder and mouth-watering sauces that compliment every fresh seafood entree. For meat lovers, we offer a variety of juicy, delicious steaks. If you're a fan of onion rings be sure to order our Pork Chops; you won't be disappointed. We are known for our delicately battered fish and chips and our scrumptious fish tacos that make for a delicious lunch plate. Moonstone Beach Bar & Grill also boasts a full service bar where we have a variety of beers and a wine list that features central coast wineries. For the adventurous drinkers, be sure to try something from our special cocktail menu. We take pride in our excellent service and being a kid-friendly establishment with a free toy for every child. While we love pets, we do ask that you leave your pets at home when dining at Moonstone Beach Bar & Grill. When dining at Moonstone Beach Bar & Grill remember to sit back, relax, and enjoy!
Amsterdam
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent service”
Reviewed October 14, 2008

We are from Europe and eating at this restaurant was a great experience. The food was excellent, and the service also. Thanks Angie, and till next time we visit the USA.

Paulus Eijkenboom.

1 Thank Eijkenboom

• Turkish first
Alpine, California
“Not as good”
Reviewed September 23, 2008

We love Cambria and stay on Moonstone Beach. We usually eat here and the fish and chips were always to die for. This time, the fish was ???? no telling what it was. No flavor and very disappointing as I have recommended this to many people. The service was above average. I must say we arrived before the dinner crowd and ate inside because we don't like having the seagulls on our table. It was uncomfortably warm. We will try again next time, hope it is better.

2 Thank Buffy66
Cambria, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Awesome!”
Reviewed September 20, 2008

My mother and stepfather live in Cambria, and have so for over 20 years. My husband and I were married there, and we stayed in Cambria for our honeymoon. We went to Moonstone Rest. many times during our stay. We loved dining outside, and believe me...I am picky. The waitstaff was very friendly, and the food was great. (the drinks...awesome!) Just for anyone that visits Cambria, California....water is to be asked for.

Please respect water shortage, we are all in this together! Great place, thanks to the whole staff!

1 Thank CambriaClark
Dallas, Texas
“Quaint, great view, good art, great service, OK food”
Reviewed September 18, 2008

We loved the place - the view, the sunset, the low lighting, the great service, the nice wine and the art gallery on the walls. For some reason, based on our B&B's recommendation (the highly recommended Trinidad Bay B&B), I thought it would be an old stuffy place but that was not the case - it was nicely decorated, very 'California coast' and was exactly what we were seeking that evening: a nice quiet place for dinner with atmosphere and a view. The food was not spectacular but with the very lovely evening they provided us we enjoyed the experience nonetheless.

1 Thank MissJoeyC
Happy Valley, OR
“I was Moonstruck at the Moonstone ...”
Reviewed August 30, 2008

Well ... my wife and I went to this Bar and Grill on the basis of some "good" reviews that I read ... and it was within walking distance of our B&B. We sat outside ... though it was a bit cool ... I think that was our 1st mistake. In a nutshell, the food was "fair" and the service was "poor." We had to wait to get menus, we had to wait to get water, the wait service was inattentive and not very friendly. We ordered "fried oysters" to start - and I expected the kind that my Mother-In-Law, Floye, (now she could COOK!) used to make - instead we got some deep fried, crunchy, salty things ... with mediocre tartar sauce - and since the waitress never came around, I could not ask for any "cocktail sauce" to help with the taste. Following that, I did not expect much from the entrees, and we did not get much. I had the "sea bass" and was expecting a flaky, moist piece of fish, and get a "fried" sort of something with the julienne veggies. Fortunately, I had ordered the red potatoes and not the rice pilaf ... and they were the best part of the meal. My wife had soup and salad, and they were OK, the "clam chowder" the best of the two (in a nice bread bowl). We were never offered or brought more bread, or a water refill, and we we never saw the waitress again during the meal. We were never offered coffee or a desert menu ... and finally, my wife just got up and left, and I waited another 10 minutes for the waitress to come back - at which time I just handed her my credit card without even seeing the bill. As mentioned earlier, we should have eaten inside - I think we would have had a better experience - although we would have missed the "seagull" dive bomb the neighbors bread basket. Oh well ... live and learn!

3 Thank ljctrevose