“Overrated”

Moonstone Beach Bar & Grill
Ranked #7 of 48 Restaurants in Cambria
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Bar
Good for: Scenic view, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Moonstone Beach Bar & Grill offers our diners breathtaking views of the Pacific Ocean. Diners may choose to sit outside on our ocean front patio or they may sit inside where our large picturesque window allows a vast view of the ocean. We offer fresh seafood, steaks, and pasta. Our specialties include our creamy clam chowder and mouth-watering sauces that compliment every fresh seafood entree. For meat lovers, we offer a variety of juicy, delicious steaks. If you're a fan of onion rings be sure to order our Pork Chops; you won't be disappointed. We are known for our delicately battered fish and chips and our scrumptious fish tacos that make for a delicious lunch plate. Moonstone Beach Bar & Grill also boasts a full service bar where we have a variety of beers and a wine list that features central coast wineries. For the adventurous drinkers, be sure to try something from our special cocktail menu. We take pride in our excellent service and being a kid-friendly establishment with a free toy for every child. While we love pets, we do ask that you leave your pets at home when dining at Moonstone Beach Bar & Grill. When dining at Moonstone Beach Bar & Grill remember to sit back, relax, and enjoy!
Reviewed January 18, 2008

This restaurant was very close to our hotel. We walked over and were told that there was a 45 minute wait. We came back about 30 minutes later and were seated. It was dark outside (and too cold to eat on the patio) so we were not able to see the view of the ocean across the street. The restaurant looks like it hasn't been updated since the 1970s.

My kids ordered off the children's menu. The hamburger and fish-and-chips were entirely mediocre. I started with the candied walnut gorgonzola salad which was decent. My wife and I then split the seafood pasta. The seafood was bland and dry. There were a lot more veggies in the dish than seafood. My wife didn't even finish her half.

I would only recommend this place only for the view, definitely not for the food or atmosphere.

1  Thank On_the_go_8
There are newer reviews for Moonstone Beach Bar & Grill

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed December 16, 2007

Great for breakfast. You can eat outside and you have a fantastic view of the ocean up close.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed October 1, 2007

After stopping at a couple of wineries in Paso Robles to purchase some dessert wines, we decided on the Moonstone Beach Bar & Grill for lunch. We have dined here many, many times before. There was quite a "buzz" going and we had a short 5 minute wait for the outside patio.

We like to sit at "the rail" for the best views of the ocean. I had the fish tacos which were wonderful, full of fresh rock cod, served with sides of salsa and ranch dressing. I also ordered a glass of the Sparkling Apple Cider which was refreshing. My husband had the Entree Salad which was very good, he said. Our service was a bit spotty, it was very busy, the weather was gorgeous and we enjoyed taking in the views of Moonstone Beach and the fresh, coastal air during our lunch. A very nice choice for a meal in the Cambria area, and one of the few places with oceanviews while you dine.

3  Thank syrahgirl
Reviewed July 6, 2007

We went to this restaurant for the view, hoping for at least passable food. What a wonderful surprise to find good service and great food. I liked that you could combine 2 or 3 small things and skip a big entree. By far the best clam chowder I've ever eaten!

1  Thank travelbooster
Reviewed June 14, 2007

I can hardly wait to go back to Cambria just so I can enjoy more of the great food served at Moonstone Beach Bar and Grill.