“confused by the reviews”
Review of Robin's Restaurant

Robin's Restaurant
Ranked #4 of 47 Restaurants in Cambria
Cuisines: American, Indian, Fusion
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Center Street
Description: International fare and farmer's market fresh. Located in a vintage home in the East Village of Cambria, Robin's has been committed to serving handcrafted global cuisine since 1985. Our commitment to seasonal, fresh, sustainable food & gracious service keeps delighted guests visiting time & time again. Experience authentic curries alongside Latin, and European flavors complemented by a fine, local, heavy wine list. Cozy indoor seating or dine in our lovely heated & covered patio. Sunday brunch & regionally themed monthly Prix Fixe dinners. We have a beautiful garden for small weddings & special events. Additionally, dining with your pooch is available in our garden.
California
“confused by the reviews”
Reviewed January 26, 2010

my wife and i have eaten at robins at least 50 times over last 10years. maybe 7-8 years ago we experienced very slow and poor service for lunch. we assumed we were at the mercy of a rogue employee. if you come up against a problem, i would complain bitterly to the management via web site with specific time and seating , i'm more than sure that that "help" will be shown the door, and you would be helping us so we won"t be treated in a like manner.

• Hebrew first
  • Korean first
arroyo grande ca
“bad bad dessert”
Reviewed January 21, 2010

I went to the restaurant to get a dessert togo, everyting was good until I try the first
bite the taste SOO BAD I thing never go back for dessert again

Seal Beach
“Lousy Food, Beautiful Setting"”
Reviewed December 31, 2009

My husband and I frequently visit Cambria, while we find the scenery, people, and local wineries wonderful, we have yet to find a local restaurant to rave about. Robin's was recomended by our hotel, and the setting in the garden's was beautiful, but the food was very disappointing. We ordered the caprese app. and it was literaly 5 tiny grape tomatoes cut with little mozzarela balls! The service was really slow, my chicken was dry, and my husband's ribs were generic tasting. Also, it's not inexpensive!

Fresno, California
“Really nice and creative fusion cuisine”
Reviewed December 31, 2009

We thoroughly enjoyed our meal at Robin's. During the summer on Sunday nights, they have live music and tapas on the patio. That was lots of fun but I would suggest eating inside anyway because the music was so loud we couldnt talk to each other at all. It will still be plenty loud indoors. They do allow dogs on the patio for lunch but you have to call first to let them know you are coming and to ask if they can accommodate you and Fido. They also have a discount if you order take out and bring your own containers.

California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Always Delicious, Creative and Unique”
Reviewed October 18, 2009

Robin's has a great nice but casual atmosphere. It has a rustic charm about it with lots of wood and country type of decor but classy country, not cheesy country. I think I remember tablecloths and cloth napkins but many people wearing "nice casual" clothes. Not an evening dress or suit kind of place. The lighting is soft. There are lots of windows and vegetation both inside and out.

The staff are friendly and give good service. You can tell that the people love working here. Lots of locals eat here too so you often see people going to each other's tables for a quick hello or see people in the lobby engaged in friendly conversation.

The food is delicious with lots of organic (if not all) food and plenty of vegetarian and non-vegetarian dishes to choose from. The fare is not basic but rather very flavorful as they use different spices and ingredients that you typically would not find in many restaurants. Your tastebuds are sure to find something wonderful to experience here.

What I always find interesting every time we eat here (we visit friends who live in Cambria) is that everyone in our party is always envious of everyone else's food and you find yourself saying "I am going to try what so and so had next time." Be prepared to give out little tastes of what you ordered.

I don't drink but I hear the wine selection is very good here. I rember seeing lots of wine bottles. But I DO eat dessert and I urge you to take home some of your dinner so you can leave room for some delicious dessert. They are sharable portions.

Everything is so good at this restaurant that if you only have a chance to eat out once while you are in Cambria, make Robin's the place you go to. But be warned, this is not the place to get your basic steak and potato dinner, So if you like plain food, try somewhere else. But if you want your tastebuds to dance with delight, then try Robin's.