“Amazing ecclectic dining”

Robin's Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 48 Restaurants in Cambria
Cuisines: American, Indian, Fusion
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Center Street
Description: International fare and farmer's market fresh. Located in a vintage home in the East Village of Cambria, Robin's has been committed to serving handcrafted global cuisine since 1985. Our commitment to seasonal, fresh, sustainable food & gracious service keeps delighted guests visiting time & time again. Experience authentic curries alongside Latin, and European flavors complemented by a fine, local, heavy wine list. Cozy indoor seating or dine in our lovely heated & covered patio. Sunday brunch & regionally themed monthly Prix Fixe dinners. We have a beautiful garden for small weddings & special events. Additionally, dining with your pooch is available in our garden.
Reviewed June 11, 2014

We went there on a recommendation from a friend and enjoyed appetizers. I wish we had been able to stay for the full dinner. We had the homemade potato chips and tuna sashimi...amazing! The staff was extremely knowledgeable, very comfortable on the heated enclosed patio. You need to make reservations. Definitely worth a visit.

There are newer reviews for Robin's Restaurant

Reviewed June 10, 2014

Real good food! Everything we had was really tasty and fresh. Nice atmosphere. Robins chow was great.

Reviewed June 7, 2014

The menu is entirely a la carte, but the prices are as high as full course dinners. They featured a dish on their special menu and described it simply as a "Porterhouse with mixed greens, stuffing, and BBQ sauce." When I said to the waitress, "I'd like the Porterhouse," she said they normally cook it medium rare, and I said that was fine. When it arrived, I noticed it looked a little pale. I sliced into the meat and it was pork. I asked for the menu again and it clearly didn't mention it as a pork chop. Robin's was also charging extra for a cup of bottled water in a "recyclable" cup (whatever that is), citing the local drought. If you don't buy it, they don't give you water, which is astounding (no other restaurant we went to does this). They also don't give you bread unless you ask for it and pay extra. I complained to the manager about getting a medium rare pork chop when thinking I was getting a medium rare steak (and had already gotten red wine to go with it). The waitress later claimed she told us it was pork--a dodge or an outright lie, as verified by my wife who told her she never mentioned pork. As to why they simply put "Porterhouse" on the menu without revealing it was a pork chop, the manager said that's the way the chef wanted it. Right. Maybe they should consult a dictionary or the menu at Delmonico's.

Actually, the pork chop was pretty good, if you like your pork a little rare and very expensive. However, my wife had "Tarragon Chicken" for $24 which was just plain broiled chicken with a few sprinkles of tarragon over the top that she couldn't even taste. She said the chicken was old, too.

There are other restaurants in Cambria that are much, much better and don't try to gouge you. Linn's and Madeline's are quite good, and our favorite is the Sow's Ear. Had an absolutely perfect meal there the previous night. Wish we had gone back instead of eating at Robin's. At least they comp-ed my meal. We would have done better to just have a meal of bread and water--despite having to pay extra for it.

Reviewed June 5, 2014

Cambria has been described as being populated by urban refugees. It is a small town that is home to a group of highly educated, artistic people with style and flare. This comes together in some culinary magic at this wonderful restaurant. I am usually highly leery of any restaurant that serves American, Thai and Indian cuisines on the same menu; believing that most restaurants do better focusing on one cuisine or a particular fusion. In this case, I stand corrected. Here you will find fun and creative dishes that change up frequently and if you are interested in a fair selection of wines this is the place. The last time I was here, I enjoyed a beet salad with fresh greens, an escolar fish done to perfection on a bed of grilled vegetables and a glass of albarino wine. My business guests enjoyed tandoori chicken and pad thai. We shared a goat cheese cake with marmalade for dessert. Can't wait to stop by this restaurant next time I am in Cambria!

Reviewed June 2, 2014

Four of us were shopping downtown and stopped in for a light lunch. We had our dogs with us and were delighted to find that they had a lovely outdoor area. It was protected from the wind and adjacent to a beautiful garden. We ordered the salmon soup and some homemade chips...both very good. Our dinner reservations that night were for another restaurant, but we decided to change them and come back here with another couple in our group and we were so glad we did. Again we sat outside under the heaters even though they were not all that necessary. It was quiet and we even had lovely background music provided by the cafe behind us. Between us we ordered the duo beef, duck, tarragon chicken, and lamb sausages as mains and salmon soup and beet salad for first courses. Everyone raved about their dishes. This was probably the best meal of our trip. The service at both lunch and dinner was excellent. It is a charming spot with great good and we will definitely be returning to Robins on our next visit!